egg yolks

Nemesis7884

usually a lot of people tell you not to eat to many egg yolks since they are fatty and increase your bad cholesterol level - today a read an article about different studies which proofed that egg yolks în reality do not increase your bad cholesterol level - the porbands ate 24 egg yolks a day over a longer period

moreover the egg yolk that most people throw away contains 50 % of the whole protein of an egg (but has just 1/3 of its wheight) additinoally it contains some efa

what do you think about it? can we start eating egg yolks again?
tounge.gif

Well I guess the yolks on you
laugh.gif

I never believed or stopped eating yolks, they also contain the most of the nutrients.

Whole eggs are great, but as with any particular food it is amount and moderation, if you eat 40 whole eggs a day every day then I would say there will be problems.

Horse Hockey, the only reason they said that is that the mean ole cholesterol seemed to be high in people with high saturated fat intake, when now they are realizing it is more revolved around the triglycerides. So to say an egg a day will kill you, sure if you are eating two lbs of butter with it.

But hey, I'm not a Doctor. I just think it is a crime to eliminate eggs or any other food just because "they" say so. It is all about moderation any sound Nutritionist will say the same thing.

Also remember you can't always believe all the hype, The American Egg Growers Assoc., is a huge conglomerate, doing what? Trying to sell Eggs of Course. The American Council of Health is hugely supplemented by whom? Insurance Companies, who would rather we all eat grass and live in perfectly pristene atmospheric conditions so they don't have to pay claims, but of course they still want our premiums.

IT"S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YA

Sorry for the rant :D

From what I've read, you need the extra cholesterol to produce testosterone :)

There was also this one post on this board ages ago about studies proving that cholesterol in your food didn't raise cholesterol in your bloodstream.

Eating eggs everyday is not a problem. Just be aware that they're relatively fat, and that they add up to the other fat you're consuming.

And egg yolks contain lecithin, which is a good thing. (not to mention too that half the protein in an egg is in the yolk!)

I'm somewhat up on this subject. Have to be, every male on boths sides of my family has died of a heart attack in their fifties, unless an accident or some other health issue has taken them out earlier.

Right now the general opinion is that the cholesterol you eat isn't as important as the cholesterol you make in your body. Eating cholesterol, unless you eat it by the ton, doesn't affect your serum levels all that much.

Science, espeically biology, is a field of constant development. Like everyone else said, the key is moderation. Don't eat a dozen eggs a day and you should be fine. Hardboil if possible, use nonfat cooking spray if you must fry. The butter you cook the eggs in is more of a problem than the eggs, which is why I always laugh when I see some idiot ordering egg whites in a deli. First they fry them in a pound of butter, then they stick them on a role of processed carbs. Health food at its finest.

Back