Eating Clean vs Eating 'dirty'

Ok i asked around some more & got the answer that glucose induced insulin spikes signal the body to start storing fat. True?

But say someone eats clean under maintenance & burns off 500 calories a day. So they end up losing 1lb a week.
Same person with the same metabolism eats the same amount of calories, but eats dirty....he still burns off 500 calories a day. He still ends up losing 1lb per week. Unless these foods somehow slow down the metabolism, i dont see how the food itself can affect it how much fat you lose.

I mean if you are burning the same amount of calories, how is where you get them from important? Having different foods "promote fat storage"...why is that important?

I dont see how it is unless eating things which contain sugar would lead to you burning less calories at the end of the day? Because say you eat foods that are converted to fat instead of glucose....wouldnt some of the calories which were converted to fat later be burnt off due to the fact that they are not readily available to use for energy in the form of glucose instead.

So like the more foods you eat which are converted to glucose or glycogen the more energy you will burn from carbs..as they are readily available.
Where as if the foods you eat are converted to fat...the less energy you will have in the form of glucose & so the more you will have to burn in the form of fat.
Either way you have to take the calories from somewhere.....?

Ok so this is what else i got

" A calorie is a calorie which is true. The only thing you have to remember one gram of carb. contains 4 calories. One gram of fat contains 9. Meaning you will have to work harder to burn off the extra calories because the carbs you consumed have now been converted to fat by the body. "

So high glycemic foods are not only bad because they make you again afterwards...but also because they signal for your body to store fat...which then becomes a lot harder to burn off than if they had stayed in the form of glucose. ?

If I'm reading that excerpt right, then it seems to make no sense. Carbs that contain 4 calories per gram do not magically gain an extra 5 calories per gram if they are converted into fats. Those calories would have to come from somewhere.

Yeah thats exactly what i said, where would the calories come from.

"I believe the reason fat is harder to break down is because of the carbon chains....or the way its made up. Im not exactly sure of the process it goes though to get converted to fat though."
So hes not to sure of himself, im tryna find more info on the speed stored fat is metabolized compared to carbs...i doubt theres that much difference..

I think he may be getting confused. Id assume just because 1 gram of fat = 9 calories doesnt mean the body has to store fat in the form of 1 gram each time...eh

Remember, the body doesnt really work in calories, it works in ATP...

but to make a single gram of fat, it will require 3+g of carbohydrate

but the body doesnt make from other sources very often, its not how carbohydrates will make you fat. They do so by displacing fat for energy.

Back