Do I have a hormonal deficiency?

Stefan

I was at the doctors recently and got to see a couple of test results. One of them was Testosteron-S which was 3.1 nmol/L which, according to my doctor, was normal.
However, after doing some research I found out that the lower limit for what is considered normal was 10 nmol/L.
My cortisol level was 267 nmol/L, which I found out was also pretty low.
Does this mean I have a hormonal deficiency?

The only person you need to ask right now, is your Dr.

The first thing to asertain is in which range your test was done within. Normal for a Dr. is anywhere within this "range"
As for using this apparent low reading as a lever to get some juice: all you'll get is "you're within normal range" Although you may chance your luck , and ask for a private prescription of "something". Let the Dr. suggest an appropriate "compound" and if it's anabolic; "...well I'd like to try that..." ;)

The problem is that the doctor doesn't seem to know what he's talking about since he considered that level as normal. The solution would probably be, as you said, a private clinic.

Anyway, the reason I took this test was because of my suspicion that I have some kind of hormonal deficiency: I have trouble gaining muscle, I gain fat easily, and I also have an excessively large amount of fat on my butt, yet all abs are visible and no notable layer of fat can be found on the rest of my body.

Hey there,

The right contact person in this case would be an endocrinologist, the doctor for hormones ;).

Hope this helps, Simon

Back