Diet/Supplement question

chitownrat

So I have these products I use that I really like. The basis of it is to restore the ph balance in your blood & tissues. Also to clean out the toxins in your body increase oxygen and help the digestive system, among many other things. I don't know if this will affect this training regimen. I'll shamelessly plug the website www.innerlightinc.com/stevenvargas and maybe somebody with experience here can take a look. What attracts me to Innerlight and the HST methods is the emphasis on cellular activity. It's a completely scientific outlook at nutrition like HST does with training. If I can combine the two, I think I can be healthy and fit. I got a headache learning all that stuff and now I see the same thing happenning here...lol...but in the end I think it will be worth it for me and at the very least I get to use my brain muscles a bit. Oh, the reason why I even ask is because I remember reading that lactic acid is a big thing in this workout and the innerlight products is all about alkalizing the body, i.e. ridding the body of acids. So I don't know if those two forces will work against each other. Thank you for your help!

From what I can see, they won't. Lactic acid is a by product of metobolic muscle stress. IE. not flushing out the waste products by cutting off blood supply during reps. The antialkaline properties have no effect on muscle contraction and therefore should have no effect on lactic acid buildup. One note, when performing reps for lactic acid and you want that effect it works great to hold a peak contraction for a sec or two stopping the inrush of new blood flow. The burn comes to play quick and you will definatley feel it.

I haven't found any studies on this topic, and I don't know if you are opting to supplement with any creatine, but if you are performing regular detoxifications, could prevent saturation. Just a speculation at this point, but still I thought I might offer it. :)

Thanks for answering my question! Now this thing about "saturation" you're talking about? Can you explain a bit more, please?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chitownrat @ June 11 2004,7:11)]Thanks for answering my question! Now this thing about "saturation" you're talking about? Can you explain a bit more, please?
Well, if indeed you are supplementing with creatine, you should know that it takes a period of several days for the muscles (cells) to "fill up" with as much creatine as they can hold. Some choose to speed this process by "loading" creatine, which means taking extra large doses for a period of several days. Others just choose to supplement normally. The jury is still hung as to which works better. I guess it is mostly just a personal preference.

Back