Cutting for christmas

stan

Hi there, I was wondering if people wanted to share if they are going to cut for christmas, and what changes to the program they have decided on regarding that.

I've decided on doing 15's until mid september, 15 minutes of jogging before exercise and adding about 300 jump-rope skips and 30 mins of brisk-walking after.. I can't be bothered to wake up in the morning or going every day to the gym.

Of course if you think this is a bad idea, and can back that up, I'd love your input, but on-topic, what are you going to do to cut for christmas?

S.

I always bulk during the holidays because there is always plenty of good food around the house during this time. I really don't see the point in cutting during this time- why deprive yourself of the treats that are a part of the holidays?! :D

Hey man, I'm going to cut during my next cycle, too--it'll last through early January, so yeah, you're not alone! My bodyfat has crept up over the past coupla cycles. I'd like to lose the seven or eight pounds folks typically gain during this time of year.

I'm going to do a four-day split, training Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and do cardio (a 30-40 minute run) Wednesdays and Saturdays. Ideally I'd prefer to do one more day of cardio, but I'm not up to doing weights and cardio on the same day, and I had good results training six days a week on the cycle I'm just now concluding, so I want to keep the frequency, well, frequent. :)

Normally I increase the weight on big compounds from cycle to cycle, but because the next one will be a cutter I'm going to (attempt to) just repeat my present numbers. I'd consider that an accomplishment at a lower bodyweight, because I moved bigger numbers this time around than I ever have before.

Having said all that, I do intend to eat whatever the hell I want on Christmas and Thanksgiving. :)

Yeah, I'm just not strong enough to be able to cut through all of christmas, I'll probably take an SD after around 20th and start anew soon after new years.

S.

I plan on bulking through the Holidays. :)  Hopefully not too much fat gain, and thanks to my wife, even the holiday desserts are sugar free, but to me, this time of the year is the BEST time to bulk, hehe.
I do plan on taking my next SD between Christmas and New Year's, and will probably assess where I am weight and fat wise come January.

Back