Creatine

DwayneJohnson

What's peoples latest thinking on creatine - in particular: 1) what brand from Gnc or vitamin shop do you recommend ? 2) should I buy the creatine that comes with dextrose or just plain zero calorie creatine? 3) how much per day is enough, and when? 3) i am finishing my 5's next week and want to do more 5's after that, but this time with creatine. How do you recommend I load te creatine? My last day on 5's is next Friday. Thanks guys

I'll cover this once I get home from the gym. Too hard to use voice to text for longer stuff.

What's peoples latest thinking on creatine - in particular: 1) what brand from Gnc or vitamin shop do you recommend ? 2) should I buy the creatine that comes with dextrose or just plain zero calorie creatine? 3) how much per day is enough, and when? 3) i am finishing my 5's next week and want to do more 5's after that, but this time with creatine. How do you recommend I load te creatine? My last day on 5's is next Friday. Thanks guys

1+2. Just buy the cheapest creatine monohydrate you can, as long as it has the creapure logo on it somewhere. Don't get flavored crap or stuff with added dextrose. Plain monohydrate and add it directly to your protein shakes.

3+3. 5 grams a day is plenty. Loading doesn't really matter, but you could do like 20 grams for a few days, then 5 grams a day after. Won't really matter in the long run. I would just start taking 5 a day and keep it at that. Add it to your pre or post workout shake. Preferrably pre. Once you are saturated, extra creatine is excreted, so taking more than 5 grams is basically pointless unless you are strict vegan or something.

It's soluble in hot water (i.e coffee/tea) and fairly tasteless.

This is a good point. It's worth noting that adding it to your protein can leave some grittiness in your shake, and if you have the option of adding it to something hot, you can. I used to do this when taking it, just added it to my morning tea.

I tried creatine, didn't do jack for me. So I stopped using it. Most creatine's recommend doing a 5 to 7 loading phase then the rest is just maintenance. Some people cycle creatine, others just use it all year round. You have to try it out and see how your body reacts to it.

I tried creatine, didn't do jack for me. So I stopped using it. Most creatine's recommend doing a 5 to 7 loading phase then the rest is just maintenance. Some people cycle creatine, others just use it all year round. You have to try it out and see how your body reacts to it.

I thought the same until my last work out where (after a month or so of using it) I could manage the final 2 sets almost as comfortably as the first 2. I've always really struggled with the last 2 sets on the 5's without clustering to keep good form so I'm hoping this will fix.

Back