Creatine

bman

Hi well i bet this questions been asked many times and i guess i could just take abit of time to find the answer myself but i have to go bed so i dont have time lol. well what i want to no is is creatine ok to use if your 18 and if so how often do you take it. i read that you should like take it for one week then miss aweek and so on. so yeah can anyone help.

You take it in 5-10 gram doses daily, with no need to cycle. Some people load it for a week or two when starting, which means taking 20 or so grams daily, and then go down to the maintainance dose. Some studies show a benefit to this, some don't.

Taking it will be fine for an 18 year old.

You typically start taking creatine with a loading phase where you take four serves spread out over a day, for 5-7 days. Then after that, you just need to take it once per day to maintain.

The loading phase is to saturate the muscles with creatine as quickly as possible.

One week on, one week off would not be very effective. You may want to cycle it though, say 4 weeks on, 1 week off. I think the need for creatine cycling is under debate though?

Creatine can cause upset stomach and cramps for some, so just be aware when you begin. You also need to drink more water.

hi thanks for your help. so when i start taking it. i should take 4 serves of 5-10 grams per day for 5-7 days. Am I correct. this is what it says on the back of my creatine.

also provides per serving: creatine monohydrate 5.25g, taurine 1000mg.

Directions: mix one scoop (43g) with 6-8 fl. oz. of cold water or juice. for best results, drink 4 servings daily for 5 days. after 5 days, drink 1-2 servings daily.

so do i take this on non gym days

i have a scoop with it and it says one scoop is 43g dose the g mean grams ifso. isnt 43g far to much. because you recamend 5-10.

I understand the scoop now. in the 43g scoop 5.25g of that is creatine and the rest i guess is just fillers. the tub cost me 10 pounds. it was 20 pound but its reduced like on offer. i think id prefer it if it was just pure creatine though instead of with the fillers. because then i will just need a table spoon scoop i guess. i have this all weigh protein aswell that cost me 15 pounds. im working partime and at college and i dont want to spend alot of money on portein and creatine. but also i do want to take it because i wanna put on size. do you no were i can find good cheap protein and creatine. or is mine ok. i seen at my gym they have little pots of creatine for like 3 pounds. its pure though. is that ok.

Back