Creatine cycling for HST

Lars

Hey, all!

Just wanted to check if anyone's got any comments, corrections or good ideas when it comes to creatine cycling during HST.

Bryan recommended to use creatine during the SD in order to keep as much muscle mass as possible. Also, the ideal creatine cycle is 8-10 weeks, so I was thinking about using the first week of 15s to let the body "rest", then load creatine during the second week of 15s and use it normally all the way through SD. There isn't much need for creatine during 15s anyway, is there ?

Thanks for any ideas!

It takes awhile before the body breaks down the raised level of creatine within the muscle. I cant remember how long, but it was approximately a month.
There is no point loading after a weeks rest. Well in reality if you are using it for a prolonged period, there is no point loading at all.

Lars, please tell me what training effects and benefits you believe you'll get from Creatine.

Do you believe that it will add to the microtrauma you experience? Why?

If it does add, why not just do more work to get the same microtrauma?

Personally, I believe creatine is a "show off" supplement. It allows you to do more work in the gym. However, I've never seen evidence that it leads to an enhanced rate of growth.

I believe that a couple months after ending a creatine cycle, you'd be just as large as if you hadn't taken creatine in the first place.

Well - I haven't used creatine in the last 3-4 years and wanted to test it again. The last time I didn't get much from it.

This time around I notice a better intra cellular pressure, I'm able to lift just a little bit more but I notice I get a better contraction and therefore (I believe) I actually get sore - something that hasn't happened for the last couple of years.

So; the creatine doesn't do much for strength. It's probably retaining some water and makes me look bigger and more chubby.

We'll see what happens. I've got one kilo, and after using it I'll go for a while without. I think I know my body well enough to see the difference
dozingoff.gif
(Should be interesting).

As a side notice - I'm not the kind of person who uses a lot of supplements. I use protein powder, E/C, multivitamin, extra vit E and a decent ZMA pill.

Just curious how much creatine is for you guys. In New Zealand I can get 250g for NZ$29.95. Thats about $17 US. How does that compare?

Ah Lars I just realised you live in Aussie. You probably get things for a similar to what I get over the ditch.

Look out for Miada brand stuff I have used it for a while and its good quality at a decent price. I ve talked to the owner afew times and he is a good dude. its just come out in Australia so look out for it.

By the way i hope you dont support the Broncos
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lars @ April 21 2002,9:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just wanted to check if anyone's got any comments, corrections or good ideas when it comes to creatine cycling during HST.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I wouldn't necessarily cycle your creatine. There is so much research showing the benefits of using the stuff it is almost as valuable as protein as far as supplements go.

It inhances the energy &quot;state&quot; of the cell, it enhances glycogen storage, it enhances protein synthesis, it prevents protein catabolism, it stabilizes the muscle cell membrane (allowing higher faster recovery) and enhances cell volume (hydration state).

Why wouldn't anybody use it? There is now research looking at 5 years of chronic use indicating it is safe.

It is true that the creatine transporter downregulates itself, but not to the point that no creatine is taken up. If you use 0.03 grams per kilogram (3-5 grams) per day, you will always be loaded and reap the benefits that creatine provides.

Please keep in mind that creatine was originally marketed to increase your strength dramatically and put 7-10 pounds on you over night (Feels like Deca! Ya, sure it does Bill). This simply isn't going to happen for most people.

Creatine use will however do alot to optimize your body's ability to adapt to training. That's what a person should use it for. And, it does produce measurable results. Measurable in the lab and in the real world. You just have to be patient, and know what your looking for.

hi Karma.......i got a 1 kg of micronised for $80 australian.....im not sure what the 250grams or 500gram prices are for creatine

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Karma @ April 24 2002,6:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah Lars I just realised you live in Aussie. You probably get things for a similar to what I get over the ditch.

Look out for Miada brand stuff I have used it for a while and its good quality at a decent price. I ve talked to the owner afew times and he is a good dude. its just come out in Australia so look out for it.

By the way i hope you dont support the Broncos  
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Oh, yeah - I'm &quot;stuck&quot; here in sunny BrisVegas - too bad school's too busy to give me time to ride my MC or go to the beach
sneaky2.gif

I bought 1kg from Sportspharma (free plug) from a place called Ada Street discount supplements. Great people over there. Think I paid $AU60-70 or something. Along those lines...I'm not sure about the quality as I've gotten som pimples on my shoulders, but that can also be from my change from a keto diet to a balanced one...

As for Broncos - what's that ?
tounge.gif
I don't watch other people do sports. I either do it myself or I find it boring. The only thing I watch is female mud wrestling, some thai/kick boxing and american football. Not that sissy rugby or footy thing :D (just kidding about being sissy, but I still don't watch it. I may start if I brake up with my gf as I see there's some excellent girls enjoying it...thing about the pick-up &quot;Hey, I'm a foreigner. Care to explain what this is while I sit on your lap ?&quot;
blush.gif
)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bryan Haycock @ April 25 2002,04:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is true that the creatine transporter downregulates itself, but not to the point that no creatine is taken up. If you use 0.03 grams per kilogram (3-5 grams) per day, you will always be loaded and reap the benefits that creatine provides.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Excellent! I'll keep going until my 1 kg is all spent - then wait a week and start again. Good to know downregulation isn't as bad as some people would like it to be... :)

By the way - why don't you call the people over at Ada Street and ask if they'll sell your stuff ? I'm drinking 70 grams of protein shakes every day so I'm going to need a new load soon. ;)

Back