Convienient Protein....

I

imported_damo

I train at work at lunch time so need a convienient way of getting a hit of protein after that.....taking protein shake to work is too much hassle.
I take a protein shake in the mornings before work and straight when I get home but guess I need something post workout. I do eat fairly well after working out, pasta and tuna but feel I need some more....
What are protein bars like? Any recommendations?

Can you store a tub and shaker at work?

IF NOT, you could pack a shaker with powder then add water after your WO.
You still have to clean it after WO but it's worth the hassle.

Mikeh

How about homemade beef jerky, nuts and if you have a refrigerator you have endless sources of convienient protein (HB eggs, cheese, CC etc.).

thats it, i'll take some hard boiled eggs to work with me. maybe some tuna too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]damo, I train at work at lunch time so need a convienient way of getting a hit of protein
after that.

Damo have you read this ??

<a href="http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hsn_artcls_prepostnutri.html" target="_blank">
Pre/Post Nutrition</a>

i train at work during lunchtime as well, i always have a tuna sandwich and a couple of hard boiled eggs to follow, that suits me!

Keep a scoop of protein in a bag and get a glass, then if available get some milk and mix the protein in there. I suggest a good ham and turkey sandwich, thats usually about 24g of protein right there depending on the size.

That Carl Buddig turkey is 9g per serving, put 10 slices thats 12g. Add 2 cheese slices thats 6 more, plus the 100% whole wheat bread thats 6 more. Eat a hardboiled egg with that, 8g makes 32g protein.

3 heaping spoonfuls of &quot;Arrowhead Mills&quot; oatbran is 1 serving, 8g protein 7g fiber, you can get that at Whole Foods Market or something similar. Just eat the spoonful with a glass of water, kinda like a chewable pill heh. Fills you up and thats 150 calories.

There's really a ton of sources, pizza has a lot of protein too. 330 calories and 18g protein per slice of stuffed crust pizza hut. I wouldn't suggest that if you were on a calorie deficit though.

There's peanut butter (preferably real peanutbutter not Jif)

/shrug thats my 2 cents

Anyone have opinions about beans (vegetarian browned beans in tomato sauce) as a source of protein .... as long as you include the beano ;)
I've always read its a good source of protein and fibre.

Beans are an excellent source of protein, sure its incomplete and all that drama, but as a part of a varied diet its all good.

Beans beans the musical fruit
The more you eat the more you toot
The more you toot the better you feel
So eat your beans at e-ve-ry meal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikeh @ Mar. 04 2003,1:55)]Can you store a tub and shaker at work?
IF NOT, you could pack a shaker with powder then add water after your WO.
You still have to clean it after WO but it's worth the hassle.
Mikeh
This works for me, too. And protein bars.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Mar. 05 2003,9:44)]Beans beans the musical fruit
The more you eat the more you toot
The more you toot the better you feel
So eat your beans at e-ve-ry meal.

JRWardle -- that also gets you a dose of lycopene from the tomatoes. Good stuff.
I'm always learning from Aaron. . .

Here's the version I've heard:

Beans, beans, they're good for your heart.
The more you eat em', the more you fart.
The more you fart, the better you feel,
So eat your beans at every meal!

Back