Conventional Deadlift form question

Two stacks of nailed together 2x4's would suffice. No need to get fancy. 2x6's would be more stable, but take more room. A "leg" of 2x4 off the stack would stabilize it well enough. I want to do it because of trouble coming off the floor, at the 3" point. I still don't really understand how SKIPPING the trouble spot makes it stronger, but who am I to question the guru's...?

Thanks for the link Fausto.

And quad thanks for that info. That's good to know, and I have still been practicing the convential style since my wieghts are still lower. But I'll probably be changing to sumo one of these days.

Hey, Kaos, helping others is what this forum is all about, the link was worth putting here because it gives straight forward info, besides Eric Crassey does not do B.S. that much IMO.

Thanks Quad, any small explanation as to how to buid the box?

No box, just two stacks of even length 2x4's, nailed together. Maybe 20" long, and then add one sideways at the bottom, sticking out past the weights. If your foot moved over to it, it would just touch the stack: the stabilizer would be going outboard of your setup. The left one would have an opposite facing stabilizer than the right. If you don't do sumo and need the room inside, you could use 2x6's. and it would be even more stable. Another way would be to have a long 2x4 from one stack to the other at the right length for your bar. (On the far side from you) You'll want 2" clearance inside the collars on each side so you can easily set it down without hitting the stacks.

Thanks Quad!
wink.gif

Back