constant weight

oswa

Hello everybody,

I'm new to HST and would like to try it, however, my weakness is my strength.

If I could only do 5RM on a 10lb DB doing side lateral raise, how would I manage
to increase the weight during 5s since the next available DB is 20lbs and I could
not even do a single repetition on 20lbs DB. Is it okay if the weight is keep constant during 5s? (straight 10lb DB) Or, if the weight is not
incrementing, (i.e. DIPS using bodyweight), could I just drop it on my
training list?

Looking forward for your valuable advise.
Regards

Don't use an isolation exercise, use a compound such as standing overhead press. If you are weak in that, do push presses and lower the weight slowly. That will help build up your strength.

With dips do negatives, don't drop it.

liegelord is right..... for the desired group of muscles start using compounds... so, for your shoulders it is the shoulder press.....it will recruit the most number of muscles for the shoulders..... farther down the road when you have gained strength and muscles then you can try lateral raises again...... now, for the example of the dips you can always increase the intensity from workout to the next one by increasing the number of reps.... so, at the beginning your variable will be number of reps and not weight.

Stick to the dips, go to negatives like liege said and you'll be surprised how fast you gain strength on those.

Back