Coming off a cycle...

camarosuper6

After completing a 12 week cycle, I am now going into week 4 of PCT. I was a little confused, however about what exactly to do HST wise, PCT.

From what I understand, I should remain in the 5 rep range for at least 4-6 weeks PCT, until my test levels return to normal (which could be even longer than that).. so my question is...

Do I simply remain on the heaviest day of my 5's (meaning stay on the 6th day, using my max weight) for 4-6 weeks, OR do I keep recycling the 5's increasing the increments every two weeks as usual, but staying in the 5 rep range.

Thanks

You can continue using your 5-rep max or more if you can. When I come off cycle in a couple of weeks I'm going switch over to a 5x5 style workout for the duration of my PCT.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do I simply remain on the heaviest day of my 5's (meaning stay on the 6th day, using my max weight) for 4-6 weeks, OR do I keep recycling the 5's increasing the increments every two weeks as usual, but staying in the 5 rep range.

What's most important is staying in the heavy weights. If you need to extend this up to six weeks or more, you can repeat each weight load one or two times before incrementing. Then when you reach your max loads and you still need more workouts, stick to them until you finish. It actually takes a while before RBE makes them totally useless, so no harm there. If you experience a strength gain and find you can add something like 5 pounds to your max lift, then do that and use your new max.

Regards,
-JV

Back