Clarification!

No...a LOT!
worship.gif

hehe, How does the Calculator work? I cant figure it out really, I know my 10 RM because i do 10s or i did 10s when i did my HIT workouts, So how can i figure out what my 15s and 5s are if i know my 10s..

I use this calculator, its fairly self-explanatory;

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~butt/mrcalc2.html

Like it says on the page, calculations involving high reps will not be accurate - so its impossible to estimate your 15RM accurately, or any other reps from a 15RM. For lower reps ive found it to be amazingly accurate, but that might just be me.

nice page psychonaut!

Hmm, How do I do with abwork? Since i'm training at home at the moment i only have the option of holding a weight on my chest or something but that doesn't feel like it gives me anything. Any suggestions?

Hi, RXD :D

Do you want your abs (and hence your waist) to get bigger?

If you want or need to make them bigger, you may have a few options depending on what kind of set up you have at home. Do you have any type of cable? Can you rig up a slant board? Maybe you can make your crunches while holding a plate more difficult, by doing them very slowly and eliminating any momentum.

On the other hand, you may want to focus on building the rest of your musculature and bringing your bodyfat down so that your abs are more visible. This is more sensible for many of us I think.

Kate

Thats how to do it! Rest and rest a bit more! You will need it for the heavy 5...

And dont be surprised how hard the 15 will feel when you start, they will make you suffer!

Jonas

Thanks Kate and Jonas :)
Kate, All I want is to get my abs looking nice when I lose the fat i've gathered from bulking
sneaky2.gif

rxd, it seems most people get a too good response to working their abs while on HST and decides to drop direct work. The problem with too large abs is that you end up looking fat...which is no good ;)

If you shed enough fat you'll have visible abs. If you do your squats (or any exercise where you need to stabilize your mid-section) you will still develop them.

When you have finished your 6 week cycle with 15s,10s and 5s and will go 2 weeks on 5s again, Should you just start the 5s all over again, I mean the same progression?

If you had Bench: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75. Where 75 is the 5 RM, If I wish to go on with another 2 weeks of 5s should I just start the 5s from the beginning and not increase any weights or how is it done? :confused:

Just continue with the same weight as the last workout of regular 5s. At this stage your muscles will be conditioned to the load, and decreasing it without SD'ing won't really help you get to your goal
dozingoff.gif

Back