CLA

Garratt

I was just reading a few articles on CLA.. Is this stuff worth taking peroid... at first it was a big bust, but then they found they were using the wronge 9,11 isometers, when they shoula been using 10, 12.. and it has to be taking 8 grams to make a difference... is it worth the cash?

Bump.

I want to know too. How many days (weeks) do I
need to take CLA see some effect?

I have been taking Optibolic CLA, but it has been only
few days. Experiments I have heard about lasted from
3 to six months, so I get the feeling that I might need to
take CLA for that long to see any effect ... it is depressing
to keep spending $$$ on this yucky smelling stuff.

Besides, my stomach does not like CLA.

I haven't heard of the Optibolic product. Is it an oil? Or a powder? Or caps? Where'd you find it?

I'm about to start using CLA too. Got mine at proteinfactory.com. It's a powder. Bryan suggested using it with carbs -- otherwise your body may preferentially utilize the CLA for energy rather than store it.

I am embarassed to admit I got mine from GNC.

It is made from Tonalin, the type which was used in
the experiments -- so I think it is the good stuff.
It is expensive though.

I've noticed CLA is tough to stomach, too. The taste is horrendous, and I felt mildly nauseated for an hour or two after taking some.

I was going to take high doses (8+ grams) to try to get the purported fat loss plus lean mass gain effects, but I'm not sure I'll be able to even do that. I might scale back and take lower doses (3 or 4 grams) for the fat loss alone.

Bummer, since the stuff is spendy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jon Stark @ May 19 2002,2:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've noticed CLA is tough to stomach, too.  The taste is horrendous, and I felt mildly nauseated for an hour or two after taking some.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
GNC has CLA gelcaps in their &quot;Pro Performance&quot; line. $27US was the marked price for 90 1g caps. I've been using it (4g/day) for a couple months. I can't claim any dramatic effects but mine is not a rigorously controlled experiment. I've also been hypocaloric most of that time so much of it may have been oxidized.

Unless the ismoers are 10, and 12, the CLA, in usage is pointless... if you go to t-mag.com and search for CLA thery have awesome articles on it... I'm wondering if the CLA u buy there is ratiod, or not?

Here's the description of the stuff I'm using.

The powder is white and virually tasteless. The triglyceride Powder consists of isomeric form of octadecadienoic acid containing approximately equal proportions of the c9, t11, and t10 isomers. Approximately 50% of the final product is CLA.

So it's not the cis-10, trans-12 stuff Luoma speculates is the most effective, but it is the same stuff used in the successful trials he describes in the article.  In one trial all of the test subjects lost fat and a third gained lean mass.  So it can't be totally worthless.

Now, as for that &quot;virtually tasteless&quot; remark.  
crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Garratt @ May 19 2002,4:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm wondering if the CLA u buy there is ratiod, or not?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I haven't seen any claims for the isomer content of the GNC gelcaps. Caveat Emptor.

Back