Chin and abs at the same time

mostlyallan

So I dont have a chin bar so I decided to use the horizontal bar which holds the pulley on my home gym. Good idea. Well almost. I'm 6'1" and it's too short so I have a brain storm -- I hate floor work (crunches) so why not just pull my knees up, do the chins and work the abs at the same time!!

Worked quite well, except 2 days later my abs are still killing me and I've got a workout to do tonight.

Would keeping the abs under tension for the during of the chins actually cause meaningful hypertrophy or does it require repetitive contraction/extension?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would keeping the abs under tension for the during of the chins actually cause meaningful hypertrophy or does it require repetitive contraction/extension?

A lot of compound exercises such as chins will synergize the abs, but most likely not target or stretch the muscle group enough.

I see you have some sort of pulley system set up at your home gym. I do pulley crunches... not sure if you could pull those off, but they work great for me.

-Colby

I could rig up something like that. I just thought that killing two birds with one stone would be a good idea.

I could hook up a rope to hold on to or something and pull down into a crunch. Good idea.

Back