Can't buy Ipriflavone where I live in Australia

Ruhl

There are no straight Ipriflavone supplements where I live. Will something like a 'Bio-Flavanoid' supplement be likely to contain much Ipriflavone in it?

Can other isoflavones replace Ipriflavone?

If I take 'daidzein' (from which Ipriflavone is made), will I be getting the equivalent of Ipriflavone?

Have you tried Ada Street Discount Supplements ? I find they will pretty much cover anything you can get in this country, and they're pretty knowledgeable all over.

They're on the Internet, and they're probably the cheapest high quality shop in Australia...and they do shipping. I'm not trying to force you to do anything, it was just a suggestion...

Dear Ruhl,

1. There are no straight Ipriflavone supplements where I live. Will something like a 'Bio-Flavanoid' supplement be likely to contain much Ipriflavone in it?

Ans: Bio-flavanoids are phytosterols with specific antioxidant activity and/or antioxidant-boosting activity. I do not think they exert any hormonal effect, not in any way similar to ipriflavone even if they do.

2. Can other isoflavones replace Ipriflavone?

Ans: I'm not sure. And I don't think PubMed has anything on this. Perhaps, you might wish to double check this.

3. If I take 'daidzein' (from which Ipriflavone is made), will I be getting the equivalent of Ipriflavone?

Ans: You will be getting a good dose of soy-based poison for sure. Ipriflavone is worthless as a supplement - you are better off spending that money on real food. If you are worried about gynaecomastia and have genuine symptoms of it, see your doctor. Your doctor will be able to give you the real deal (Nolvadex etc), and because you are in Australia, if you have a healthcare card, it's going to cost you next to nothing for such good medicine. And if you can further convince your doctor you are hypogonadal and need a little boost in the male hormone department, all the better.

Lars' recommendation of Ada Street is a good one. www.vitaminzone.com.au is another good online place despite their catering to the more general crowd. It is a pity you prefer to do your shopping offline because significant savings can be gotten from online shops. You might also wish to be more tactful in your postings because we are all here to help.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dianabol @ Oct. 11 2003,5:52)]Dear Ruhl,
1. There are no straight Ipriflavone supplements where I live. Will something like a 'Bio-Flavanoid' supplement be likely to contain much Ipriflavone in it?
Ans: Bio-flavanoids are phytosterols with specific antioxidant activity and/or antioxidant-boosting activity. I do not think they exert any hormonal effect, not in any way similar to ipriflavone even if they do.
2. Can other isoflavones replace Ipriflavone?
Ans: I'm not sure. And I don't think PubMed has anything on this. Perhaps, you might wish to double check this.
3. If I take 'daidzein' (from which Ipriflavone is made), will I be getting the equivalent of Ipriflavone?
Ans: You will be getting a good dose of soy-based poison for sure. Ipriflavone is worthless as a supplement - you are better off spending that money on real food. If you are worried about gynaecomastia and have genuine symptoms of it, see your doctor. Your doctor will be able to give you the real deal (Nolvadex etc), and because you are in Australia, if you have a healthcare card, it's going to cost you next to nothing for such good medicine. And if you can further convince your doctor you are hypogonadal and need a little boost in the male hormone department, all the better.
Lars' recommendation of Ada Street is a good one. www.vitaminzone.com.au is another good online place despite their catering to the more general crowd. It is a pity you prefer to do your shopping offline because significant savings can be gotten from online shops. You might also wish to be more tactful in your postings because we are all here to help.
Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)
Dianabol, I don't understand. I thought Ipriflavone could help tendons. It seems to me as though you are saying Ipriflavone is a steroid or can cause gyno. I thought it was harmless enough in that it would not cause gyno in any significant amount.

Dear Ruhl,

From this post and many others, I gather that you suffer from a myriad of ailments. Perhaps, it might do you good to get a complete physical, and apart from your medical doctor and chiropractor, you might wish to consult a naturopath, TCM doctor, soft-tissue therapist and/or a combination of these.

For bodybuilding supplements, there are only four things I can strongly recommend. Protein powder, EFAs, the ephedrine-caffeine stack (you won't normally be able to find this in Australia) and creatine monohydrate. You might wish to take certain vitamins/minerals depending on how your whole-food diet is composed. The rest of the bodybuilding supplements are by and large, rip-offs.

How have your tendons been? Care to describe the problem in detail?

Pain in both sides of kness and elbows when I lift. Form is fine with slow, controlled movements. I warmup properly. I get clickings and cracks all over. Don't know how else to describe my tendon problems 'in detail'.

I will guess that this is all due to ecto frame with addition of celiac disease and a long intake of strong antibiotics (noroxin, ibilex, etc). I have quit exercise and am hopefully recovering. Thought Ipriflavone might help seeing I heard Bryan and Blade both use it.

Separate question: reduce protein intake when not bodybuilding, or keep the same? Would keeping protein intake the same help heal injuries faster?

Look for a place that sells TwinLab brand supplements.

Check the bone health formulas for "Ostivone". You'll find it if you look hard enough.

Back