Bromocriptin

Lars

I just thought I'd give you guys a little update of my three-day old Bromocriptin cycle.

Up until now I haven't started dieting again, as I've been sick for two weeks (no, I wasn't overtrained - I got it from my girlfriend and got less sick). I started on Monday and worked out on Tuesday.

During the workout I noticed a signifiant loss of strength, but I can't say for sure if this was only due to eating crap and being sick, or if some of it was from the bromo. I've been told some people feel weaker.

After the workout I noticed a much better pump, which is probably due to bromo's improved glucose handling.

I've had no problems with any side effects except for stuffed nose which passes in a few days in most people. I'm currently doing half the dose (2.5mg in the morning) and will be going to 5mg after my exam on Monday).

I'll keep you updated if there is any interest. I've already lost close to a kilo without counting. Guess it's from having less interest in food ;)

I will be very interested to hear what kind of results you ultimately get. I seem to recall, and it would seem likely, that you bought Lyle's online book. How is it? I have an immense respect for his work(THough I wish he could restrain himself a bit more on MFW; not that he's usually wrong.) I just can't see spending $27 for a book, even if it's by Lyle, without reading a review or two, or flipping through it at the bookstore(Which it's kind hard to do with E-books.)

Is bromo's effect "permanent"?

CLA was supposed to have a long lasting effect,
even after one discontinues its use. Is bromo similar
to CLA in that respect?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blood&amp;Iron @ May 22 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will be very interested to hear what kind of results you ultimately get.  I seem to recall, and it would seem likely, that you bought Lyle's online book.  How is it?  I have an immense respect for his work(THough I wish he could restrain himself a bit more on MFW; not that he's usually wrong.)  I just can't see spending $27 for a book, even if it's by Lyle, without reading  a review or two, or flipping through it at the bookstore(Which it's kind hard to do with E-books.)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I read through the book in around 8 hours. It gave me a lot of useful info (although, as many have said on mfw, it reiterates a lot of into already &quot;out there&quot;), some of it I already knew.

Like Lyle's other book it's written pretty informal and assumes the reader is an idiot who wants to learn more. That's, IMO, the right approach.

If it can help me lost 20kg easier than the alternative, then it's worth it's weight in lard :D

Seriously - buy the book. It's good. The only thing I have an &quot;issue&quot; about is that you can't download it...
crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (virtualcyber @ May 22 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is bromo's effect &quot;permanent&quot;?

CLA was supposed to have a long lasting effect,
even after one discontinues its use.  Is bromo similar
to CLA in that respect?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
As I've said before - you can't compare a drug with something like CLA, but...you could say that since they are both long term...

The thing about bromocriptin is that it helps the body keep its systems going when you're dieting. CLA helps the body increase lbm while decreasing fat. Bromocriptin helps the body to keep leptin high by fooling it into believing there's plenty of dopamine. That way you can diet longer (and harder ?) without the body going into starvation mode. This, again, means fat loss and protein sparing will stay optimal for the whole diet instead of plummeting like it normally would. It will therefore help you get down (or add muscle without getting too fat). There are also several other positive things, like improving the body's ability to handle glucose.

All in all - when you quit dieting, nothing (short of liposuction) will keep you there unless you've improved your habits.

(Except, maybe, for Lyle's next project
worship.gif
)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blood&amp;Iron @ May 22 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">himself a bit more on MFW; not that he's usually wrong.)  I just can't see spending $27 for a book, even if it's by Lyle,[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
BTW - the book's $19.95 - not $27 :)

A little update:
Did my second workout of 10s today. It was a bit heavy due to the chest infection I've had. Stoped using penicillin yesterday (might have affected both strength and what I'm going to update about). I'm still on half the dose of bromo.

After completing legs and starting chest things started to get very heavy. I struggled to get 10 reps of 65kg on bench and struggled with 100kg in dips (it's one of those machines you push the bars down instead of working with your body weight). Seated rows made me sound like I was either having sex or preparing for some indecent phone calls - I was panting by then. Increased the time between workouts in order to recover.

To make a short story even shorter; I went through shoulders and arms and had to sit down for hald an hour afterwards. I wasn't so much dizzy, but rather just - unwell. The same kind of feeling I got when I came too low in calories during a keto diet and tried to squat for 20 reps. Not fun at all.

I'll keep you posted on what happens. It could be a transient thing when starting. It could be that I'm still not recovered 100% from my illness, and it could even be the penicillin. It might not, though
dozingoff.gif

Of course your body will have problems if it is fighting
some foreign agents inside your body -- it has to divert
its resources away from muscler recovery.

This is kind of neat, so I thought I should share it - when I woke up this morning I was 200g under my Monday weight and almost 1% less!
wow.gif

Like I've &quot;said&quot; before - I feel like #### this week because of my flu (or whatever it was) so training hasn't exactly been perferct. My diet sucks right now (being sick + reading for exam = :confused:) and my intensity in the gym is way down. I'm not sure if the tired feeling is due to the bromo or illness, but I guess I'll find out when I go to 3.75mg/day on Tuesday :)

Have a nice weekend!

Up until now I've been working out pretty early, but today I went late. It seems that since I was working out later that the effects of the Bromocriptine is less. I had much less problems today with low blood pressure.

It also seems synephrine makes one of the side effects - stuffed nose - more prominent. I noticed my nose got more stuffed 15-30 minutes after the synephrine I take, which, I guess, is the way it should be, since I've been told synephrine strengthens bromo's effect.

Strength is down, but that could still be due to my illness, medications and dehydration.

I hope you feel better.

Hmmm ... you must be losing weight very rapidly.

BTW, does your weight/other measurement fluctuate?

Also, my skinfold measurements seems to vary too.
At this point, I have no idea what the hell is going on
with my body.

=====================================

I am not sure what to do -- perhaps Arimidex,
Yohimbine HCL, or NYC stack is in order ...

My weight can fluctuate as much as 2kg from day to day, but that is usually fixed by bringing a good book to the little room
thumbs-up.gif

Weight has stabilized now due to my &quot;pre exam diet&quot;. It consists of sugar and lack of sleep. You should try it. Next to &quot;The Brand New Flu Diet ™&quot;, nothing messes up your system faster. I'm stacking both diets at the time ;op

Seriously - I'm only on half the dose yet, so next week will be strict with cardio and 5 or 6 days of weight training. That should do it!

Lars:

I need to just mention here that Bromo still requires a proper diet for you specifically.  Thus, if your dieting and training are not up to par because of ill health, the effect of the Bromo will not be as strong.  Also, please realize that Bromo shouldn't have any impact on the weights you are using in the gym; I am sure that is due to your sickness.  (Get better quickly! )

Just in the interest of full disclosure, I was an Editor of Lyle's book.  Blame me for any typos, vague sentences, or unclear writing, not him.    
tounge.gif

Regards,
Lester

Cool! I actually liked the book a lot :)

The reason I started off without having time to keep a proper diet (does anyone when exams and the flu arrive at the same time ? ;) ) is that I wanted to gradually let my body get used to it. I'll go for 3.75 on Tuesday and get to 5 during next weekend. Should be interesting to see.

Now - since you're here and may know a thing or three about bromo; is there any reason not to use tribulus terestris with it ? I tried e-mailing Lyle but haven't heard back from him yet. Also - any good tips on the stuffed nose ?

Lars:

I haven't heard that Tribulus terrestris would have anything to so with the pathways that Bromo is involved with. However, I'd wait until Lyle gets back to you (he should be getting back to you within the next two days.)

Have you kept a log of your bodyweight, BF%, training weights, etc.?

Regards,
Lester

As I think I've mentioned I'll start for real tomorrow when my first exam is done. I'll go up to 3.75mg and record everything twice/week. :)

Nah - I've been sick
sad.gif
Started out with a chest infection (thanks, honey&#33;) which went into a flu because I started training again too early.

I reached 5mg/day on Saturday and will start working out today using a modified version of VirtualCyber's workout (hadn't really decided yet, but I was thinking about something along these lines)

I'll try to stay at 22cals/kg bodyweight (~2000), and I'll start off by walking back and forth to the gym all 6 workouts this week. That should give me a good 45 min walk each way.

Measurements will be taken tonight and I'll try to keep you all posted.

As a side note - sleepyness is almost gone (i.e. no problem any more) and I don't have any problems with nasea now that I'm up to 5mg. My nose has been a little stuffed, but not as bad as it used to. Could be I'm either getting used to it or that it was mainly my flu stuffing it up in the first place ;)

Uhm - this needs some experimentation. I walked to the gym today; took me 45 minutes. Then I started working out circles of:
20xbench press
20xpull-ups
20xdumbbell rows
20xtriceps pushdown
20xcrunches

I got to the end of my second round (1 min between cycles, aproximately 30 secs between exercises). Up until then heart rate was no problem. I noticed some really heavy shivering on bench presses on the second set, though. While putting my weights back I got really dizzy (the drunk kind of dizzy) and nautious. Lied down for 30 minutes and tried to get up. Realized pretty soon I needed to take a cab back home. Got home, puked twice and got better.

I'll try to work out later on in the evening when the effect of the bromo is lower. If it's still as back I'll try to cut down on the dosages. Something like this has never happened to me before.

I hope this experiment is useful for somebody
blush.gif

Lars,  it's definitely useful, but not if you kill yourself   ;)   (kidding)

Seriously though, careful with the dosage.  Dropping back a bit may be the way to go. Although that circuit is not an easy one.  The shivering doesn't sound normal to me.

Steve

Back