About 5 Max

Gesar

Hi,

If I know my 15's and my 10 's maxes. Do I have to do another test for 5?... how accurate will you think if I just do an estimate..is there a formula around there to help me calculate?
I want to start SD asap. any recommendations?

Another question is : I seen posts where they say to skip the 15's after the 1st cycle. is this good? if so woull you juat have a 4 week cycle? 2 of 10's and 2 of 15's?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help
Gracias.
worship.gif

Gesar,

If you want to be sure on what your 5RM is, then I would test it also (it's only one more day anyways.) If you don't feel like doing so, you can just estimate it. For example:

I tested 15's and 10's for standing barbell curl and got 65 lbs and 75 lbs respectively. I added another 10 lbs as my estimate for the 5's. When it came to the 5RM, my strength was a bit off, and I had to cluster the set 3-2 or 4-1 in order to complete the set. Even if it gets to that point late in your cycle, you can just adjust the weight accordingly.

If you skipped the 15's in your second cycle, then you would have 6 weeks of training: 10's, 5's, and negs (or continuation of your 5RM)

-Colby

From the FAQs:

I would suggest you start by actually testing for your 15RM. Once you have found it, add 20% to get your 10RM. Then add 15% to your 10RM to estimate your 5RM.

So if your 15RM for bench is 200lbs, you can estimate that your 10RM will be around 240lbs. And further, if your 10RM is 240 your 5RM will be around 276lbs.

When estimating your maxes, be conservative. It’s better to guess too light than too heavy.

Back