a 15's  and Mass question

Gesar

Hi,

So if is OK to drop the 15's as some people suggested. Do they mean I could drop it for the first every cycle or the 2nd and after.

and my last question.
I was weighting almost 200lb with over 20% BF about 4 months ago. now I weight 175lbs but I still have some fat around. Should I loose most of the fat left first and look like a stick then bulk up? or should I start rebulking and HST to gain mass? what do you guys recommend?
I'm 31 y/o and my arms are 14". too skinny!

Technically you never have to do the 15s in order to train HST style. However if this is your first cycle I would reccommend sticking with the basic layout, after you complete one cycle and have a feel for how it goes then maybe drop the 15s if you find them unnecessary.

Since you lost 25 pounds already and were at 20% body fat originally I think it is about time to start a relatively celan bulking HST cycle.

Also, nice job losing the weight!

Joe G

I would recommend doing the 15s at least every few cycles, if not every other cycle. You can do them every cycle too. They still accomplish something, they are not totally useless.

gosh maybe it's one of those personal things but i've been training pretty much exclusively hst for 3 years as the way it's been designed and i've never missed a the 15's in any of my cycles over the years. the early workouts are so light they seem useless, and then the later ones just kill me, but i do think there's some benefits to getting me ready to lift pretty heavy during my 5's with less injuries over the long run. i say stick to them, it's only 2 weeks and there's more benefits to using them then dropping them.
thanks for the bandwidth,
ephman

I've also read a lot about guys not growing during the 15's. But my experience with them has been the opposite. I noticed growth immediately during the 15's. I know that they say all the science and everyone's experience is that the growth occurs in the 5's but to be honest with you, I think that if you estimate your 15rm properly and can maintain focus for 15 reps, and are in good enough cardio condition you should be able to grow during the 15's. Especially if you SD properly.

thehamma

that's right... i also notice growth in the 15's.

thanks for the bandwidth,
ephman

Back