$1600 stolen from my bank account through PayPal

beanboy

This is for all the members have a PayPal account that you do regular business on. I have ordered from HST with no problems. I'm posting to warn those thinking about getting a membership and connecting it to your bank account.

This morning I discovered that more than $1600 had been transfered out of my account yesterday without my authorization. These persons knew the exact amount in my account because they put in a transfer for just .50 more than was in my account. They even added the .19 that I had left in my account at PayPal.

I did not recieve an email while the transaction was pending. I did not receive an email after every single penny that was in my account was being transfered.

The PayPal name under which they did the deed is Barb Rockefeller. The persons email is available upon request.

My pay pal is unverified and will stay that way. They have no access to my account except to deposit money.

I hope you get your money back and press charges, sue pay pal while you're at it, they've screwed me once already when they accepted a stolen credit card some guy used to pay me for an auction.

I wonder hwo common this is?? I ordered through Pay Pal once, but now I doubt I will anymore. I do not have it hooked to my checking account or anything like that, but still...

Wow,
Thanks for the replies.

My account here doesn't email me when I have a post to a thread. That email account may be screwed too.

Thanks for the link Restless.

My bank took care of me, but here's a little update:

The day after I made the initial fraud complaint to as many people at PayPay as they would transfer my call to, I was in my bank first thing in the morning to declare fraud in-person. Within an hour I had my money credited back to my account, had opened a new account, blocked the old one, and got new bank cards.

How did PayPal handle it??..................That very afternoon PayPal attempted to complete the transaction!!!!...........
sneaky2.gif
Incredible!! Can you believe that I reported EVERY cent of my account had been drained in a fraudulent transaction through their institution more than 24 hours prior to them trying to get the money anyway?:confused:
laugh.gif

I think the idea of not 'verifying' your account and just using it for single transactions would be ok if you also used a card number that is either revolving credit or a bankcard that's connected to an account seperate from your primary account.
If my bank will just give me the benefit of the doubt and credit $1600 on-the-spot I don't think I have much to worry about anyway.

If the thieve's timing had been delayed just a bit longer we would have lost a huge amount
crazy.gif

Geeze, that makes me ill.

New update:
PayPal tried to get the money again.
I sent my affidavitt to PayPal in a "track and confirm" priority mail envolope. It confirmed the delivery of my official, notarized affidavitt on February 24th, at 8
wow.gif
3 am. PayPal attempted the withdrawl on the 27th in the afternoon.

I don't know, something tells me my affidavitt is being used for a coffee coaster in "customer service".
laugh.gif

Now when they say "we never got your official complaint", I have legal recourse.

Give it up PayPal, this ain't my first rodeo pod'nar.
sneaky2.gif

Back