Zone Contest

<div>
(shakeel @ Feb. 03 2007,01:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">andrew
pumping like that does that cause myofibrillar growth or only sarcosplasmic ?only water etc</div>
There is research supporting muscular cell wall thickening as a possibility (from increased inner pressure) but that is beside the point.

With JReps we achieve great muscular pump but with appropriate loads not from tons of reps with light weights. The extra pump from increased contractions (per unit time i.e. 24 contractions in a minute vs. 12 in a minute) and better isolation/targeting helps quite a bit. It helps keep a muscle working longer by bringing in more nutrients and oxygen while removing more waste products (again per unit time). Furthermore, a good pump helps one develop the all important mind-muscle connection that any great athlete works for.

We are not looking for pump to cause growth just to aid the process as all seasoned bodybuilders do. Any extra fluffing is just an aesthetic plus but usual requires drugs to be noticed to any real degree.

Regards,
Andrew

My honest opinion of all this is simply to keep it simple. I believe that working out normally, with the old trick of supplementary exersize done in the range of the sticking point is just as good.
One thing is for sure: it's a lot less complicated and it works. Always has.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 04 2007,13:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My honest opinion of all this is simply to keep it simple. I believe that working out normally, with the old trick of supplementary exersize done in the range of the sticking point is just as good.
One thing is for sure: it's a lot less complicated and it works. Always has.</div>

What is so normal about full range reps? Now that I have been working in zones for over a year it is obvious how much time and energy is often wasted performing the full movement all at once all the time. Partials will only really help you gain a bit of performance strength in a specific ROM in a specific exercise. For better than basic muscle development we need to be thorough and hit the full ROM for a muscle.

For me it is simple: I don't just work an exercise because it is set up a certain way and because everyone does it that way. I work my muscles not the exercises, the exercises are just tools - means to a end.

Regards,
Andrew

Back