Refeeds?

Steve McDermott

Ok,  I am pretty familiar with refeeding while on a very low carb diet, but what about on a 40c/30p/30f ratio?  Since I am doing the 15s this cycle, I have bumped my carbs to increase lactic acid production but still want to shed more fat.  My overall calories have remained around 500-700 below maintenance throughout.  

So I assume I should still refeed to boost leptin, but what should the refeed consist of?  Should it be the same as before, with high GI carbs and low fat with 1gm/lb of protein?  I usually start on Saturday morning and go to Sunday night.  On Saturday, I have been trying to get well above maintenance and on Sunday I try to eat at maintenance with the same macronutrient makeup.  Should I stick with the same length (36h)?  

Any advice woudl be greatly appreciated.

Steve

So I put the post in the wrong forum.  I blame it on post workout psychosis.  Sorry.    
dozingoff.gif
blush.gif

They should be the same.

Although, since you are eating more carbs during the week you may find you need to refeed less frequently and/or for a shorter duration. I'd start with what you've done previously and fine-tune them from there.

Also as you get leaner the frequency and/or duration of your refeeds should be increased accordingly. I am currently testing out a version of the cyclical isocaloric diet that par deus suggested where I am hypocaloric for 36 hours and then refeed for 12 hours post workout. It has only been a week but I must say I like it so far.

I'd refeed with a combination of high GI and low GI carbs combined with medium protein since it takes longer for carbs to convert to fat... And that's only the short answer.

Thanks guys, I did the refeed as usual but only shortened it to 12 hours.  I'll judge the effectiveness through out the week and hopefully the fat will continue to come off.  

Steve

Back