Question about hypertrophy

jww13

Assuming I am NOT overtraining and that I AM getting enough calories/protein to grow, and I'm lifting 5 lbs. more on most exercises each time (every 5 days), will my muscles definitely grow?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jww13 @ Nov. 20 2003,7:38)]Assuming I am NOT overtraining and that I AM getting enough calories/protein to grow, and I'm lifting 5 lbs. more on most exercises each time (every 5 days), will my muscles definitely grow?
I lift 3 times a week and I go for 10lbs increase on the bigger lifts and 5 lbs with smaller lifts. I'm not sure where you got the 5 days from.

If you are only increasing the load by 5 pounds per week, you will most likely not notice the growth that occurs. If you ahve never worked out you might notice it innitially, but it will slow down to the point to where it may take 6 months to a year to notice a real change in your physique.

I would suggest you increase your frequency of loading a muscle to 2 or 3 times per week. Then I would make sure I increase the load every workout. Make larger increases for larger muscle groups (legs, back) and smaller increments for smaller muscle groups.

Back