Protein Drink Question

s2b33

I know that the HSN Store has been closed for a while. I was wondering if Primer and Driver are the best protein blends to use while on HST or if any other protein supplement will work just as well. Also, I am wondering where i will be able to find maltodextrin and dextrose. Thanks for your help

Any protein supplement is fine. I prefer whey myself.

Dextrose and malto - get them where you get your other supps. Or if you can afford to pay a little more for the same thing, get them at GNC.

I use whey because it is easily availible. I have read that whey/casein blend is even better. I drink gatorade made from powder during my workout. I don't worry about blending dex. and malto.

Too many details.

thanks a lot guys. i've used whey and gatorade before and i was pretty happy with it. i guess i'll stick to that.

To get that whey/casein blend that etothepii is talking about, I blend milk protein isolate in with my whey. MPI is about 20/80 whey/casein and it is way cheaper than 100% casein with the price comparisons I have looked at. I get my whey from ON and my MPI from trueprotein. IIRC the MPI is about 6.50/lb there. I think there are a few other places to get it from too. My post WO and off day shakes are 40% Whey and my pre WO shakes are 60% Whey. I have no idea if it makes a difference or not. I have no idea how close to the "optimal" ratio I am either, but it would be nice to know.

My favourite recipe right now is:

Pre w/o shake: small amount of fruit juice, 3 scoops whey protein, creatine, bit of water  - not bad.

Post w/o shake: 1 pt half-fat milk, 1 banana, 3 scoops whey protein - delicious!

I initially purchased dextrose and maltodextrine to put in my shakes but now I don't bother with it. What I am taking now seems to be just fine.

Loks like I might try mixing gatorade and Chocolate whey ... I'll try it once, but I know it will suck. I'll just continue to make two seperate drinks, and let them mix in my stomach. Easier on the saste buds!!

Back