Old guy new to HST

chiefhog

I've been patrolling these boards for a few days just sucking up all the info I can. Let me first thank all of you who have put in the time and effort to help HST newbies understand this training method.
I am a 30yr old avid exercise junky. I would consider myself in excellent shape, though not nearly as big as I would like to be. I have been training regularly since college. Not training for size, mind you, just for health benefits (ok, I want to look good, too.) I've been seriously lifting wts. for about 6 months and have had some decent progress until recently when I hit a plateau. I am an athletic trainer, so I have a solid knowledge of the body and how it works, specifically in relation to injuries and rehabilitation.
Anyhoo, I am in the process of obtaining my 15,10, and 5 rep maxes so I can get started on my 1st HST cycle. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a little "healthy" skepticism about HST, but I am going to follow the rules by the book for the first 8 wks.
I am 6'5" and 183lbs. My BF is right around 9% (which I am pleased with.) My diet is extremely clean. My "dream" has always been to weigh 225lbs (while maintaining a low BF). I don't know If this is possible for me, but I am willing to do what it takes to achieve this goal.
I plan on posting a detailed journal over the coming weeks to keep track of my progress. I look forward to interacting with what seems like a great community. Sry about the long post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ July 01 2005,3:26)]I am 6'5" and 183lbs. My BF is right around 9% (which I am pleased with.) My diet is extremely clean. My "dream" has always been to weigh 225lbs (while maintaining a low BF). I don't know If this is possible for me, but I am willing to do what it takes to achieve this goal.
You should read this post and use the info to get an idea about your genetic potential:
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin....;t=5029

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, Delphi. I did the calculations and guess what? I came up with 222lbs at 8% BF! Now that I know my goal is reasonable, it's time to work the system.

Another question: I took a wk off from training just 4 wks ago. I can get most of my maxes from my training log, but I'll probably need the 4th of July to obtain the 15RM's. Do I need to take off a whole wk before I begin? I was thinking of starting the 8th of July, but if it's better for me to wait, I will. Thanks again.

Fahget about it Chief. You too dang old to exercise anyway!
Braaaaahahahaha

;)

PS. Take the week off. It can't hurt.

thumbs-up.gif

Back