nicotine gum combined with EC for FAT LOSS ?

CREZ

The gum chewed periodically throughout the day will reduce your appetite and:
Nicotine appears to have a direct effect on energy expenditure and
lipolysis, and it has been shown in murine studies to shift the
expression of lipoprotein lipases away from adipose tissue and toward
muscle.[1] In that sense, it might have some added effect. However,
as to its dopaminergic appetite-suppressant effect, it is probably at
odds with bromocriptine. Nicotine causes dopamine release, while
bromocriptine binds directly to dopamine receptors (primarily D2
receptors) INSTEAD of dopamine.
Think of lipoprotein lipase (LPL for short) as a "fat partitioner", diverting fat from the diet to be stored as body fat, or burned for energy. Whether LPL promotes fat storage or fat oxidation depends on whether it's expressed in muscle or fat [4].

LPL in fat tissue takes fat from the blood, and stores it as body fat.

LPL in muscle tissue diverts fat away from storage in fat tissue and towards oxidation.

Some scientists claim that increasing LPL activity in muscle could help you lose weight permanently, suggesting that "... gene or drug delivery may prove to be an effective tool in preventing and/or treating obesity in humans". Their comments are based on research showing that mice who "overexpress" LPL in muscle appear to be resistant to the effects of a high-fat diet [7].

In short, if you want to lose weight, then more LPL in muscle tissue, and less LPL in fat tissue is definitely a "good thing".

HI Crez

Welcome to the forum!

It's funny you mention this now, I am on this bloody gum, for the real purpose and you might be right, but I'd like to add that I have lost some muscle size since then, maybe then again it could be that I am not eating that much.

But that too is a side effect hey? I though maybe if you don't need it to get rid of tobacco then don't use it there is other ways to get rid of fat permanently, just control the calory intake.

Interseting that it is mentioned though
tounge.gif

Fausto

One drawback I can think of is that nicotine is physically addictive. So, even using the gum can cause a certain level of addiction. It's not near as dangerous as smoking, but still, who wants to be adicted to nicotine in any way.

Just my 2 cents

Steve

One needs to cycle it to avoid addiction.

IMHO, like any drug, with proper precaution and control, there should not be a problem with nicotine. I assume that those in BB would be using nicotine in controlled and measured manner, not like some teenage smokers who are indiscriminately putting things in their mouths
tounge.gif

Just look at things nicotine will do:

(1) increase adrenalin
(2) increase testerone
(3) increase GH
(4) increase lipolysis (prob due to adren)
(5) suppresse appetite

A nice list of properties!

Back