New to Deadlifting

ajntorinj

I've never done deadlifts before. Previously, I did either keystones or SLDLs. Now I am doing 3x3, and I decided it is time that I begin doing real deadlifts. I don't have a mirror where I work out, so I can't tell exactly how my form is. I think it is good for a beginner to the movement. I do feel stress in my hamstrings and little in my glutes, but I really feel it in my upper back. It feels great after I finish 5 sets. My first question is, does it sound like I am doing them correctly? I always heard that the deadlift works most of the pulling muscles, but I didn't think it would have this much of an effect. If it helps, I don't feel much stress at all in my lower back, just the upper, and in particular, my rhomboids. Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ajntorinj @ Dec. 26 2003,6:13)]I've never done deadlifts before. Previously, I did either keystones or SLDLs. Now I am doing 3x3, and I decided it is time that I begin doing real deadlifts. I don't have a mirror where I work out, so I can't tell exactly how my form is. I think it is good for a beginner to the movement. I do feel stress in my hamstrings and little in my glutes, but I really feel it in my upper back. It feels great after I finish 5 sets. My first question is, does it sound like I am doing them correctly? I always heard that the deadlift works most of the pulling muscles, but I didn't think it would have this much of an effect. If it helps, I don't feel much stress at all in my lower back, just the upper, and in particular, my rhomboids. Thanks.
You're doing fine. :)

Back