liquid glucosamine -- better aborption?

virtualcyber

This is sort of a follow up from my earlier question about whether glucosamine can help raise leptin levels.

There has been a number of PubMed abstracts which indicate that glucosamine can raise leptin levels via hexosamine pathway. My question was whether oral administration of glucosamine can raise glucosamine in our body to raise leptin level.

Lyle McDonald's answer to that has been no, because taking glucosamine orally has poor absorption rate.

============================================

I have found the following "liquid glucosamine" (called Syn-flex) which is supposed to provide _high_ bioavailability. Does anyone know if the product would provide high enough bioavailability to raise leptin levels in human body?

See
http://www.activexamerica.com/synflex/whatissynflex.html

The following is a blurb from the website, as well as some information.

===========================================
BLURB:

"Glucosamine is clinically proven to effectively treat osteoarthritis. However, most glucosamine products on the market today come in capsule or pill form. This means that the glucosamine in these products is delivered in powdered form, which is not absorbed very well. Syn-flex™, on the other hand uses pharmaceutical grade liquid Glucosamine Sulfate and Glucosamine HCL for a full 98% absorption rate, maximum bioavailability, and quickest relief."

========================================
INGREDIENTS:

Here is what is inside 1 serving of 1/4 oz Syn-flex.

1250 mg Glucosamine HCL and Glucosamine Sulfate
25 mg Shark Cartilage (20% Chondroitin Sulfate)

8 mg Boswellin
3 mg Yucca Powder
7 mg Ascorbate (Manganese Ascorbate)
5 mg Manganese (Ascorbate)
1 mg Bromelaine
5 mg Vitamin C
5 mg Omega 3 Fatty Acid
5 mg Omega 6 Fatty Acid
80 IU Vitamin A
2 IU Vitamin E

Back