Leucine

Is there any benefit of ingesting leucine-enriched whey protein in comparison to whey protein alone?

I know there is leucine in whey already, but I am wondering if Leucine is really so important as to buy the powder with extra leucine? -if it is not a big factor, then I won't waste my money because it is more than TWICE as much money for the leucine enriched version.

I say save your money. Any tiny benefit you get will not be worth the money, guaranteed.

There's plenty of Leucine in normal protein rich foods like eggs, meat, beans etc. Use the money to buy a big piece of eye fillet steak.
biggrin.gif

That is what I was thinking.... with the ridiculous amount of protein that I (and most bodybuilders) already eat, I am probably getting more than enough Leucine, any more would be a waste.

Sounds like a leucine supp would be cheaper to take. DrPierre said it was the one BCAA with real benefits, but I dunno, maybe you get enough as you said. Worth looking into, maybe.

One of the best supplements you can take. I've been using it now for 6 months and it's great stuff when bulking and when cutting it's even better!
smile.gif

It's the most anabolic amino acid and it also increases protein synthesis. I take 5g soon as I wake up to try and get my body into an anabolic state ASAP. I then make a drink with 15g-20g and start sipping on it 10 mins before I begin training and I keep sipping on it during my workout.

Far superior to some other rubbish people spend their money on like Glutamine!

Back