im feeling like im not growing..

I

imported_hollowtek

okay.. to start with i've been working out for a while but i really got into it summer 05. i started going to the gym a lot when i was 17, and have been going there consistently since may 05.

I just don't want to waste my time anymore, after last night when I decided to develop my camera pictures (after 3 months), I noticed I had not changed much at all, in fact it looked as if I had loss size. I'm actually considering a personal trainer now, not that its a bad thing.. But it just had me feeling bad because I put a lotta hard work into it. And I felt even worse when I looked at one of those workout magazines on the shelf they had there (at walmart). Lol kinda sad isnt it.

when i first started, i was 160 @ 6', pretty skinny/lean. By November I got 165, very lean... Since November, I haven't noticed any dramatic changes in weight/size.

Right now, I'm 163~167, my biceps are 15 1/2 inches, waist 30 1.2, thighs 22, calves 14 1/2, forearm 12 3/4. The only difference now is that my abs are a bit flabby again.

I usually give myself 1 or two rest days per week. I'm not getting any bigger though, yet I am still getting a little stronger. I think the strength is pure effort though, but I'm not having a hard time adding weight.

Should I start strategic deconditioning or should I try to change up my routine? I have tried to change up my routines a few times, but it hasn't helped too much. After noticing that by changing the routine up didn't help, I decided to add the changeup to my old routine... Which consisted of about 10 workouts. I have no problems finishing every workout each day, but it is very time consuming (up to 3 hours...)

You need to start eating more. If you are the same weight, then you aren't eating enough. You can't gain weight without a calorie surplus, and you can't build muscle without gaining weight.

Remember:

If you aren't gaining weight, you are not eating enough.
If you are gaining weight, but aren't gaining muscle, you aren't training right.
If you are gaining weight and at least 50% of it is muscle, you know you are eating enough and training well.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have no problems finishing every workout each day, but it is very time consuming (up to 3 hours...) </div>

Hmmm... why is your w/o taking three hours to complete? It might be possible to help more if you post your routine here but it does sound as if you are probably burning up way more calories than you need to and so hindering your chances of gaining mass.

If your workouts are taking 3 hours than I don't think you are training along HST guidelines. Read about HST, try the workout, and EAT!!!

I can see how it might be 3 hours if he is doing traditional bodypart splits. Those are a waste of time. Like leegee said, try HST. Use a simple routine that you can complete in 30-60 minutes, start counting calories to make sure you are getting at least 500 calories more than your maintenance. You should be gaining 1-2 pounds a week if you are eating enough.

Hollowtek

The guys are absolutelly right!

Let me be as plain as possible:

- Have you read the FAQ's yet?
- Are you training using HST or some other program, please post your routine or else we cannot help you without knowing what you are doing.
- 3 hours is burning up waaaaay in excess of what you desire + pumping about 2 extra hours of cortisol which is highly counter productive.
- A truly good HST program should be done in 60 minutes tops, and should consist of 5 to 6 basic exercises, this includes a fair warm-up.
- posting a basic idea of what yoiuyr diet looks like can also help us help you!
cool.gif

Back