HST for women

smartblonde

OK, I'm throwing this out there. I've been an avid exerciser for years but am now starting to get serious with my training.
How does HST apply to women? My goals are obviously different than a man's- I don't want to get big or bulk up but I also know I don't have the hormones that will do this to me. I'm looking to get super defined and lose body fat.
Right now I lift medium/heavy 4-5 times a week and do 45-60 minutes of cardio (step, running and interval training) 5-6 times a week.
Can anyone help to tell me what I can do to reach my goals using HST/HSN? I was trying to figure it out on my own but thought I'd see if I can get a little guidance.
Thanks in advance!

Just do the HST routine and eat less than your maintenance level of calories. If your weight isn't going down in one week, then eat less the next week while keeping all your activity the same.

you might want to do a search for "HST women," this question has been covered a few times on this board.

If your goal is to get defined you're going to have to lose some fat. Implement a regular HST routine and find your maintenance calorie level, then cut 300-500 cals. Try to lose between 1-2lbs a week. Get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight and dont go overboard when cutting fats from your diet.

good luck.

We can do the same as what the guys can do, Even more better:) Smartblonde
tounge.gif

Beatrix-
How long have you been doing HST? I've been using weights forever and doing cardio but I just started HIIT (running hills/sprints/etc) and moved to slow/heavy weights but I want to start HST to see how I can get great definition.
Any suggestions? thanks!

hi Smartblonde

I have just done my 15th and now i m in my 10th. I know HST from my friend and she has been doing HST since + a year and got great definniton. Special the parts what we like ;)
HOw long have you been doing HIIT? Must be heavy by the way?
see you

Ladies, for a frank & honest evaluation of your present physique; we'll need to see some photographic evidence... Bikini/gymnastic shots tend to allow for a more "thorough" critique.
wow.gif

Only kidding, although if you were to post pics of your current level; this may encourage you to stick "with the program" (see "biceps girl" on the T-mag forum)
Just bear in mind that these pics will float around in the ether, for ever - so you may want to blank-out your faces /distinguishing marks etc.
-[[[----]]]-

Beatrix-
I've been doing HIIT for only a few weeks but I've already noticed fat loss and my 4 pack is resurfacing. Its only 20 minutes but the work is hard, although I enjoy it much more than the 75 minutes of cardio I would do before. I think I hit my plateau and need to change things up...
For being a smart blonde I'm having a hard time grasping the concept of what I need to do to figure out my calculations- I assume I need to figure out what my heaviest weight is for each body part?? The concept of lifting light makes sense physiologically but I have a hard time grasping the idea that lifting lighter will help me with definition. Just having a mental block...
I have a picture I sent to a training friend tongue-in-cheek so I may post it, but its also nice to have everyone assume I'm 5'8" and 122lbs.
wow.gif

Hi Smart Blonde,

I have done some Hitt before my breakfast but after a week I get tired
wow.gif
So I do some skipping on the non workout days and I like it.
I dont use RMs but I keep it around 10 - 15 % below my RMS. Definition is also my goal and so far it works. :)
I have been thinking also to put my pic on her but I prefer it more to send it too friends when i have made some pics. So maybe we have to PM each other before we do this ;) Boys will creazy when they see our great bodies
tounge.gif

I think that's great we have some ladies doing HST here... I heard Kate put it in good terms one time (paraphrasing): you can make your muscle bigger and you can drop your body fat - that's all. All those women trying to "tone" don't realize the benefit of hypertrophy!

I've talked to my wife about HST. Of course I tell her how I am doing, but also encourage her to give it a try. What we need here is a better support group for the women so they can realize this isn't just a guy thing... Agree?

Back