how long to extend 5s/timing for sd/cut

jmm

Have done 8weeks at 5reps - oddly, still seem able to increase weights every week or so (managed to get my squat from 80ish to 130, though don't think I was pushing as hard as I could have done before
biggrin.gif
) Getting hard, but no real pains (calves seem tight, but aside from that feel fine). Anyway, middle of next month I'll have to take a good week off (well, won't have to - holiday
biggrin.gif
) so would be good to time SD for then. Thinking of doing another week of 5s, then 10days to 2wks SD - that likely to be enough?

One more thing - trying to decide if it's worth cutting next cycle. Am 5'11 and up to 77kg. Don't feel like a fat bastard yet, but the weather's getting nice and it's be good to lose the gut ;) My concern is that I was under 68kg before (and pretty active) and still managed to keep the beer belly - my body seems to like storing any fat there
sad.gif
If I've put on 10kg by the end of the cycle (since late last year, doing weight training all that time) am I likely to have gained enough muscle to make any difference when I try to lose some fat again? Anyway, at least the gut looks a bit more in proportion now I'm a bit bigger ;)

It depends on your goals. If you want bigger muscles than I would suggest to keep bulking as 77 kg is not that much and a cut now would be a waste of time. If you just want to be thin and lean, and are happy with that then do a cut.

thanks - think I'll have another session or two in the gym (just starting to hurt...), then a *very* welcome 2weeks off, then make my mind up...

btw, like your sig ;) Seem to be moving ever closer to a 'see food' diet, albeit mostly seeing relatively 'healthy' foods...

yeah haha i'm 5'11" and 77kg too! i'm not sure if i should cut though, i'm at about 15-16% bodyfat, but i can still see my top 4 abs without tensing (and under a light haha). not sure yet if i should cut yet ay.......

Managed to lose a kilo or so just through not stuffing my face all the time: trying to figure out how to eat enough while not working at home...

Anyway, cooked up two chickens this weekend - that might help
biggrin.gif

do you have a blender??? there are ways to make your own liquid meal if u don't have time at work to eat a full one. liiiiiike, mix up whey protein, weetbix/oatmeal, a banana for flavour ;), and there ya go!!!
and maybe add some olive oil for fats hehe

or u could always mix up chicken and oatmeal soooo much that it eventually becomes liquid. how yummy would THAT be hehehe

Back