going from BB to DB

I

imported_dreadrok

so I have been doing shrugs with a BB and decided after reading on the site that DB would be more benificial. I have small traps anyways. But since i have been doing them with a BB i dont really know what my RM's would be now. My shrugs were with 75lbs on each side.. so whats that 195 total. any help on getting the right weights over to DB would be great.. thanks

Easiest thing to do would be to split it in half...and go from there. Try with 90 pound DBs. From my experience...i would work with more weight on the BB than with DBs but I now always do DB shrugs. I get a better stretch, and more effectively hit them this way.

So maybe go a little less than half for starters. 80, 85 pounders...?

dreadrok,
Try doing DB shrugs seated. Sit on the edge of a flat bench, as if you were going to do seated laterals, and shrug away. This position darn near eliminates any body sway or cheating and the stretch is excellent.

WOW great idea... why have I never seen anyone do this before...Hopefully that will help in blasting my traps better, because they just dont seem to respond well to what I have been doing..
thanks

Back