First HST Workout

stevec

Well I'm thinking I'll try doing my first HST workout tonight or tomorrow.

Unfortunately I was an idiot and didn't figure out my maxes before I did SD. Now I've been doing SD for two weeks and I'd really rather not take another two weeks off jiu-jitsu since I have a tournament coming up.

Anyway, here's my routine. Please help me out as I'm sure it's bad.

squats: 85x15, 115x10, 150x5
SLDL: 100x15, 135x10, 165x5
curls (bar): 50x15, 85x10, 100x5
skull crushers: 20x15, 30x10, 40x5
military press (bar): 65x15, 95x10, 115x5
bent over arm raises: 10x15, 15x10, 25x5
upright rows: 50x15, 85x10, 100x5
bent over rows (dumbbell): 20x15, 30x10, 40x5
inclined press (bar): 135x15, 155x10, 185x5

I've never done SLDLs before, and I've barely done squats before. On top of that I have a fear of injuring my knees, so that's why the weights are pretty low on those.

Please give me as much feedback or help as possible, because I'm not entirely sure I'm doing all of this right, and I really want to try HST.

Thanks.

Is that the order you do the exercises in?  You should do the bent over rows and incline presses before the curls and skullcrushers.  Actually I'd do all the exrcises you have listed before the arm stuff.

It's not a horrible workout.  The discrepancy between the amount of weight you use for curls & skullcrushers seems a little odd to me though, mine are almost the same.

My main goals are to increase the size of my legs and my arms, though I'd like gains in my back and shoulders also secondarily. That's why I was opting for the arms and the isolation exercises first. Is it not worth it to do the isolation exercises with those goals in mind? Cause if you guys still think I should take them out I trust your judgment more than my own at this point.

My pecs really don't need any more size. I've already got enough man-boobs for my liking. Heh.

Thank you guys.

Back