Exercises for all muscle groups

budec

I'm looking for some advice and suggetions on what exercises I could do to make sure I hit all the muscle groups (atleast the ones that will make me look good naked :) j/k-ing.. but would like to get more V shaped (ie. broad shoulders, skinny waist))
Here is what I was doing (currently in SD waiting to start an HST cycle, I'm psyed!):
Chest:
dumbell bench
dumbell flyers
abs:
weight incline situps/crunches (I love these!)
weighted crunches (some fancy ab machine at the gym, but kills my abs)
arms:
dumbell curls
hammer curls (I don't think I do these right though)
Traps:
Shugs
Back:
dumbell rows
shoulders
dumbell 'miltary press'
that one exercise where you extend your arms so your body makes a T (ie. arms at side and go up).. forgot what it is called
legs:
leg curls
leg pushes ... um that thing with the sled that you push with you legs.
dumbell squats
obliques
'twisty' weighted situps
holding a weight in each hand and moving side to side
I ussually workout at 'gym' in my apartment building and only have access to dumbells and very basic machines so I would put preference on exercises that can be done with dumbells (they don't even have free weights here.
sad.gif
).. Any exercises that I should start doing to make sure I hit any muscle groups I might be missing?
Also, for sets, I was thinking 1 set of each for multi-exercises. For example, 1 set of dumbell bench, then 1 set of flyers.. does that sound optimal?

thanks, I can't wait :)

Dips and Chins are excellent for upper-body development. Squats are a good option for lower body. If you do not have access to barbells a DB step-up or lunge would be good options. The rest is just filler work for other bodyparts (arms, shoulders, calves. hams). Look at the FAQ threads for some more suggestions. Good luck with your program.

Seems like a lot of volume... volume is a case where if you can do it, do it, if cant, dont. I dont know how old you are, and thats a factor. two isolation bicep exercises does seem like a lot, but i could be wrong. 1 set per would be ok for the isolation exercises, except on back maybe because you only have 1 exercise for back. General rule which i'm sure youve heard is the bigger the muscle, the more in general volume you have to do to produce hypertrophic results. I (and this is just me) does dips and incline bench. I dont do isolation tricep exercises b/c i feel that dips hit them well. Same with delts, i do lateral raises but thats it, just to hit my medial delts. My anterior/posterior get hit with my chest/back exercises. Just a thought...

Back