Do you need to cycle E/C?

Steve McDermott

I was wondering if it is true that you should cycle any E/C products? I have always read that you should cycle to keep the beta2 receptors from downregulating. I also remember reading that it may be that you don't have to and that its effectiveness may even increase over time. Just wondering if anyone has any insight.

Steve

E/C was never intended to be cycled. Clen was never intended to be used chronically, but instead only as needed.

People, (not you Steve) often confuse E/C with Clen because they both involve the beta-2 receptors. Clen is a potent specific agonist to the receptor and causes rapid downregulation of the receptor. E/C is NOT a specific agonist, but instead works in a round about way to increase circulating norepinephrine and epinephrine. The caffeine is also an adenosine inhibitor.

It has been demonstrated that E/C actually get more effective over time. This has been attributed to an increase in thyroid receptors.

E/C is notorius for rebound "hunger" though, so taper off over a long period of time, starting first with the caffeine, then the ephedrine.

For mild appetite control, ephedrine can be used alone with good results.

Good question, Steve.
I suppose this means using pure ephedrine and caffeine products in conjunction is better, since you can vary your doses independently. (Not to mention every EC formula out there now has stuff in it you may not actually want, or want to pay for: white willow bark, EGCG, hydroxycitrate, etc.)

I have recently started taking just E and C as separate products instead of an herbal product. I like the straight E/C much better. It is nice to be able to adjust the dose of each should I want to. If I am planning on having coffee, then I jsut omit the C and take the E. I also drink around 3 cups of green tea a day. I am starting to notice some results, especially since I am in the middle of my 15s.

Steve

Also remember to follow Bryan's every-2-hour dosing protocol for more stable levels.

I've been doing that for a while now. I really see a difference in the effectiveness and in the side effects. I have no real jitters anymore.

Steve

I love ECA + YHCL. I think nothing works (within legal limits) better. In my opinion, YHCL does not contribute as much as ECA, but still it gives that little extra boost.

I did read about someone who took it for 2-3 years and he says that ECA's effect is eventually and somehow overcome by the body.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blade @ Jan. 17 2003,6:20)]Also remember to follow Bryan's every-2-hour dosing protocol for more stable levels.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What is Brian's two hour protocol and does it help with jitters because I'm stawing away from eca right know because it drives me nuts.

If you're taking EC every 4 hours, you basically cut the dosage in half and ingest it every 2hrs instead. E.g. 10/50-100mg (Ephedrine/Caffeine) every 2hrs.

Can anybody recommend an E/C product that is relatively inexpensive and lends itself to partitioning (i.e either the original doses are small or I can break the doses in half)?

Thanks,
BB

What about the recomendation of taking it 6 days on one day off? Would it be better to take it 7 days every week?

Back