. Creatine . Crea.Pure . Stomach Irritation .

PRAE

BEST REGARDS
, , , , , , , , , , ,
i've found through experience that this forum always offers up
honest and helpful advice, so i've returned seeking help.
i had been waiting for HSN to restock HS.CRE but in the interim
i purchased ULT.NUTR. creatine and have recently began the loading
phase . taking about 20 G a day for the past 2 days . mixing with
a cran-grape or cran-strawberry (seems non-acidic) . and
all day today . my tummy been rumbling and not because im
hungry . so . what can i do to avoid this .
any advice or any links to some good material about
these tummy aches ? ? ?
your help is much appreciated .
my regards .
aerosyn-lex . PRAE

The loading phase really isn't necessary, so if your stomach is getting that upset, you should consider just sticking with a 5g dose. If you insist on the loading, try drinking more water/juice when you take it to try and dilute it a little further.

Besides what Babya said, check and make sure sure it is good quality creatine, Bryan and Dr. Kreider (one of the most notable scientists who has studied Creatine extensively) both recommend creatine monohydrate that is labeled with Creapure. I am not sure what Ult.Nut sells but you might want to check.

Dunno, it doesn't list Creapure. Maybe Bryan or someone else would know.

I wrote Ultimate Nutrition and they told me that they do use Creapure creatine, the stuff made by Degussa in Germany, so it should be good quality.

From my own experience with HSN creatine, my digestive system gets a little angry at me whenever I start taking creatine or resume after not taking it for a few days. And HSN is good stuff, so I assume that this is unavoidable for me. Fortunately it only lasts a day or two at the most, and then I have no further problems.

PRAE, you might be experiencing the same thing. Hopefully it will go away in a day or so. Also, I've never loaded but I imagine that it would only worsen these symptoms. Besides, loading isn't really necessary, you can reach the same levels of creatine saturation by taking 5g/day. It just takes a little longer.

my sincerest thanks to all
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i definitely appreciate the sound advice .

i was under the impression that Ultimate Nutrition used Creapure

creatine . it may just be that i should intake more water along

with possibly lessening the initial uptake of creatine in this

loading phase .

fortunately i only purchased a small amount of the ULT.NUTR. creatine

as i had hoped HS.CRE would again be made available; and i see

it's now back in stock .

. . .

about how much water should i be drinking daily while using creatine ? ?

i've seen a variety of recommended amounts, but am still unsure

of how best to balance water and creatine consumption . . .

my thanks again .

PRAE . aerosyn-lex m.

Whichever creapure or other 100% creatine product you go with you may want to get it in micronized form. I used to take regular creatine and my stomach was quite sensitive to it. Since switching to micronized I've had no problems at all.

Back