Chest: 40"
Waist: 33"
Forearms: 12.5"
Arms: 14.75"
Quads: 25"
Calves: 17"
BF: 13%

Diet...
My diet has always been good, atm though im eating 3500 calories on a non workout day and 4000 on a workout day, this seems to give me good results without to much fat. Did take me awhile to figure this out though lol..

Brief Histoy...
Well i've been lifting for two years now, mostly doing 5x5 which i did find worked well for both strengh and size, however i hit the wall.. tried mixing it up so, i've decided to give the old Hypertrophy-Specific Training ago, heard some mixed reviews on this style of traning and have done alot of reading on it.. and to me it seems logical (if thats the right word to say) as to how it works..

Anyways, i just wondered wether this routine was any good for HST, I am trying to hit all the muscles in the body with BIG compound exercises.
Rep scheme is
w1-2 1x 15's,
w2-4 2x 10's,
w5-6 3x 5's,
then 1 week SD, or might continue 5's or do negs if i still see gains.. Doing this routine on a M-W-F.

Squats on a W/F and Deads on a M
Rows
Bench (possibly dips)
Shoulder Press

Not really been one for arm isloation, as i feel my Big compounds will suffer, however i may add some after this cycle if i feel they arnt growing enough
biggrin.gif

Thanks Cooper

Welcome Cooper

The program you show is simple enough to allow some heavy duty lifting, the volume is right too, sounds like a recipe for success.

Just a slight revision on your nutrition if you can, according to our own Steve Jones:

1. Eat 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight
2. Find your basic metabolic rate --- BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age)
3. Multiply that number by 1.6
4. Multiply that number by 20%, and then add that number to the number you got after doing #3
The result is how many calories you are to consume per day.

For you that equates to:

Basal Metab. Rate 2143.3
Activity Factor added 3643.61
Required for growth 4372.332
Per meal 728.722

You not too far off, and you can go back to 3643 on off days, that will get you werer you want to be, wish I could get my nutrition right...not easy if you have a family.
sad.gif

ooh, thanks for that Fausto.. deffinatly look at my diet now! also one thing i was wondering is how many sets should i be looking at work negatives, ill be doin reps of 2 i believe, but for how many sets..

Also, on the start of my second cycle what sort of rep scheme should i move onto, 1 x 10, 2 x8, 3 x5 something like that or is it again a case of finding what works with me!

Thanks again Cooper

cooper ill throw in a few thoughts.

your 1st cycle set up seems fine, youve incorperated your preferences (compounds, which are always good pref. to have) and dont seem to have left anything major out (might consider chins) . by your measurements it appears your lower body (legs,calves) is more developed then you upper body. measurements can be decieving and dont tell the whole story but if that is the case, perhaps DL 2x a week and squat once. DL is still a big lower body exer. but has more carryover to upperbody then the squat does. anyway, you know best and im just talking out of my a** based on a few measurements.

try to stick with the sched. as best you can until the end of week 6 (2nd week of 5s). youll be in a good position then to decide to call it quits, continue with 5s, 3s, negs, etc etc. too many new folks find the 15s 10s easy/different or "not as hard as they are used to" and start tweaking their program 1/2 way thru. i still think the way to go is vanilla HST for a cycle or two to get a baseline and see how you like it. from there you can tweak all you want b/c you usually have the basic idea/principles down, know what to expect and it just a matter of applying your personal exper for the next cycle.

about the diet advice. if your "getting good results without too much fat" i wouldnt f*** it up by adding calories b/c a formula says so. those multipliers can be great tools but they are designed for folks who havent taken the time to figure their personal #s out (like you have) arent gaining (like you are) or are gaining too much fat (like your not). even after all that they are just a starting point which you need to adjust to suit your personal goals. believe me 90% of the people on this forum and others are trying to find the right intake amount and macro% to gain muscle without too much fat. you are there, write it down, adjust for wgt gain or loss and stick with it.

im guessing most other questions will sort themselves out as you go along and continue reading the forum. good luck and keep us posted.

thanks again for the advice, i see what you mean about the legs been more developed as they are, because i come from a matrial arts back ground.. and have always had alot of power with them too.. I think i might change the deads and squats around, that should really help actually.

Also when you say chins do you mean underhand close grip or overhand wide grip.. i get myself confused with pullups and chins you see.. i was actually thinking of doing the underhand CG chins/pullups when i get to the 5's because i can add the weight to the 5's and not partically at 15's and 10's with weight you see. just like im going to do with my chest dips at the 5's because again not being able to add to much weight at 15's and 10's or more of a case of not being able to increment the weights up each workout properly, unless i did assisted (which is why id rather do them in weeks 5-6 on the 5's)

Back