constant weight

oswa

Hello everybody,

I'm new to HST and would like to try it, however, my weakness is my strength.

If I could only do 5RM on a 10lb DB doing side lateral raise, how would I manage
to increase the weight during 5s since the next available DB is 20lbs and I could
not even do a single repetition on 20lbs DB. Is it okay if the weight is keep constant during 5s? (straight 10lb DB) Or, if the weight is not
incrementing, (i.e. DIPS using bodyweight), could I just drop it on my
training list?

Looking forward for your valuable advise.
Regards

Do you work out at a gym or at home? My gym has 2.5 pound dumbells. I know that on some exercises, if I am progressing slowly through the weight, I'll hold a 2.5 and the last weight in my hand. It gives me smaller increments to work with if needed (I can go from a 25 to a 27.5 instead of jumping to a 30 for example).

You could also check into do other exercises that work that area until you get stronger as well. I don't do raises like that one in my routine. I do overhead presses instead.

if you are new to training altogether then i would get rid of the isolations(lateral raises etc)and stick to basic compounds for growth,bench,shoulder press,deads,squats,rows and the like and add a couple of arm exercises also.

If you really, really wanted to keep that exercise, you could just improvise: have a bag and something in it, when you increment it just add more things (sounds dumb but you do what ya' gotta do).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">if you are new to training altogether then i would get rid of the isolations(lateral raises etc)and stick to basic compounds for growth,bench,shoulder press,deads,squats,rows and the like and add a couple of arm exercises also.</div>

I completely agree. You won't be able to load up much weight w/iso moves vs compounds.

Thanks guys for the shared knowledge.
Sorry for the double post (previous one, got server error).

I like the idea of doing dips concentrating on negs only as suggested on the other post.

So, would this dips reps be fine?
15s - 5 negs
10s - 7 negs
5s - 10negs

On the lateral raise, I'll just stick to military press.

Back