Confused

jay_89

On monday I found my 15 rep max for the DB press, which was 20kg. The problem is, when I start my HST routine next week can don't I have to lower the weights? The lightest dumbbells in my gym are 20kg
sad.gif

you can either change to bb-bench or just use 20k for 2weeks,that wont be a problem as the 5s are not really for growth (they can be) but more to prepare you for the heavier weights
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(faz @ Oct. 11 2006,08:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">you can either change to bb-bench or just use 20k for 2weeks,that wont be a problem as the 5s are not really for growth (they can be) but more to prepare you for the heavier weights
cool.gif

biggrin.gif
</div>
Seconded. The heavier ranges of weights are where you want consistent load increases.

just a quick note for jay 89
i think there is a typo in faz' orig post. when he says &quot;5's are not really for growth&quot; he means 15's, obviously 5's would come later, will be heavier and are where you will exper. your most growth.

just so there is no confusion.

good luck

<div>
(bluejacket @ Oct. 11 2006,19:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">just a quick note for jay 89
i think there is a typo in faz' orig post. when he says &quot;5's are not really for growth&quot; he means 15's, obviously 5's would come later, will be heavier and are where you will exper. your most growth.

just so there is no confusion.

good luck</div>
niceone bluejacket you are correct
biggrin.gif
i have looked at that thread a few times and still didnt notice i put 5s instead of 15s ...old age i think...
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

That more or less equates to +/- 50 Kg on a barbell, therefor do as Faz put it, start with 20 Kg on a b/b and progress untill you get to 50 Kg, then switch to d/b and &quot;Bob's your uncle&quot;.
biggrin.gif

Back