1-AD usage

mikeynov

Super Moderator
Staff member
i've flirted with the notion before of using some pro-hormone, and may opt to use oral 1-AD for my next try at HST. for anyone who cares, my current cycle is going pretty well. strength is good/up on everything, though i'm gaining weight a bit too quickly (some of it the bad kind around the midsection, though not enough to cry about). i'm up a good 11 pounds or so.

but yes, for 1-AD usage, i've seen other people claim that some of the gains didn't kick in right off the bat. i don't want to incur to heavy a toll on my hpta, so my initial thought was 2 or 3 week cycles. i recall blade saying something about either doing it short like this or going for a full out 8+ weeks (not entirely sure on that timeframe)? if i'm hallucinating, do correct me. regardless, any recommendations on how to incorporate this? has anyone used 1-AD specifically (from ergopharm) with hst?

Where are you in your cycle Mikeynov? How is the fatigue? Are you adjusting your calores down?

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ Dec. 05 2002,12:46)]Where are you in your cycle Mikeynov? How is the fatigue? Are you adjusting your calores down?
cheers,
Jules
i'll finish up my first week of 8's on friday.

fatigue is fine...strength is fine. i may cut out dairy, as i think it's causing me to hold progressively more water, which is slightly annoying.

my right wrist is a lil sore but i'm not entirely sure what to do about that. i cut out bb curls and it seems ok now. i've actually been curling with the olympic tricep bar (close grip neutral). believe it or not, feels very comfortable on the wrist and i like the movement a lot. *shrugs*

i'm toying with the volume as i go along a little...i tried adding cable rows on top of chins & pullovers today. trying to incur a little more stress to keep me growing while my strength feels fine. hopefully i won't explode.

It looks pretty good. About a pound or so since last week's measurement. I think the additional strength is a sign of hypertrophy. You may be holding some water around the waist, so maybe you could add even more calories.

The thing about 1-AD is that it is very expensive to get an effective dose. Generally, the most effective cycles of the stuff run go at 600mg/day for 8 weeks (I have seen people go as high as 800mg/day for 8 weeks). Price that out! Pretty expensive. Most find that it takes 2-3 weeks to kick in, so IMO short cycles of this particular supplement are useless.

I did a 4 week cycle of Super ONE+ (which has 1-test in it - the stuff 1-AD converts to) and it took just over 3 weeks to kick in. I planned on 4, when it kicked in I thought I would extend it out to 6 weeks just to see what I could accomplish with it. Unfortunately, just after the 4th week, I had rashes over my entire body (because I was cycling application sites) even though I had used cortisone on sites' off times.

I plan on using 1-AD starting in the new year, along with some light dosing of some old Androspray (topical 4-AD) I was able to pick up cheap to help offset some of the 1-AD sides.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I plan on using 1-AD starting in the new year, along with some light dosing of some old Androspray (topical 4-AD) I was able to pick up cheap to help offset some of the 1-AD sides.
I am doing this right now, but just started so will have no anecdotal evidence for a while.

"Kick in" might refer to the accumulation of gains sufficient enough to notice, that doesn't imply the PH doesn't start working immediately. There are definite HPTA mechanisms that allow faster recovery if you limit the cycle to 2 weeks (20 days at the most depending on dosage, which is pretty low anyways compared to using the real deal). After that, recovery is "almost" equal to 8 weeks - so you might as well gain as much as you can before going off and trying to retain your hard-earned muscle. Hence the notion that 3-7 weeks is less optimal.

Doing 2 week cycles (with 2-4 weeks off) necessitates several (about 3-4) such cycles strung together in series to gain any appreciable amount of muscle mass. The retention factor is higher, though.

There are anecdotal reports in support of the 4on/4off in terms of prohormone usage, which probably is more related to a compromise between cost and a wish to gain as much as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Do I understand that if I make gains with 1-AD that I lose them when I stop?! Exactly what would I need to do to keep the the gains?

I'm just learning this myself, so keep that in mind.

When you come off any exogenous hormone, your natural Test levels are lower than when you started the Pro-Hormone/Steroid. If you just allow you natural levels to come back on its own, you will probably lose some of the gains because you don't have enough test in your body to support the new muscle and it won't come back fast enough.

Anti-Aromitase substances that decrease the amount of estrogen are suggested when coming off in order to boost your natural levels. There is an OTC supplement called 6-OXO that is suggested in order to help bring your natural levels back up to normal. There is a good write up on it here.

6-OXO

You should eat above maintenance with fat at at least 30% of your intake and cut down on your training volume (assuming you increased it while taking the 1-AD). In the context of HST, you should plan to come off while the weights are still increasing during the 5s. So some adjusting may be necessary. There is a good thread on HST and Hormones. do a search for "MAG-10". I have also read that ading E/C will aid in nutrient partitioning, so this would be good to include.

Steve

When you're still below your genetic potential, it is easier to retain more muscle mass when going off. It becomes more complicated to retain as you increase dosages and/or go beyond your genetic potential, so proper off-cycle strategies gets more and more critical.

...and what Steve said :)

Back