Neat Gym Equipment

Does look pretty good !! Do you have any idea of the prices ?

I might drop by their Libro Park office to check it out some time !

Thanks !!

Smee

You'll have to request it from them, I used to have a price list but it is rather old and I have no idea whre I put it.

Brandon is usually on the ball!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ Sep. 06 2005,6:31)]Smee
You'll have to request it from them, I used to have a price list but it is rather old and I have no idea whre I put it.
Brandon is usually on the ball!
Thanks, taken down by the flu so haven't had a chance to follow up. Since I work out at home,I am looking for something a little more confidence inspiring than my Trojan power cage when squatting in the 5's and their stuff looks good.
I didn't realize there were other South African's on the board, are there any others ? Which neck of the woods you from ? I'm from Crazy Monkey land, I live on the edge ..... of Benoni !
laugh.gif

EDIT: Never mind, the search engine is my friend. You still down in PE ? That's my home town !! Moved up to the reef in 88 when my old man got a promotion to HQ.

Hey Smee

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didn't realize there were other South African's on the board, are there any others ? Which neck of the woods you from ?

Question I have asked before but did not seem to get much response.

Well, I am still in PE, but not for long looking forward to emigrating soon to the All blacks land!

Hey, funny, I also bought myself a power cage, the only thing I don't like about it is that the stoppers (if you can call them that) are just shorter that the bar, which does not pay to use on your own as a real cage! Know what I mean?

Cardiogenesis will do customized stuff if asked as well, but there is a lot to choose from, the only thing I found is that their biggest inclination is gym chains and the like, and therefore their prices are a little on the up side...but hey...looks like th real McCoy to me!

Man...I have been managing OK with teh squats, this cycle I am aiming at 130 Kg. (for 5's) that will be my best lift, I am only 70Kg, I guess I won't be too unhappy once I can do double my bodyweight!
laugh.gif

But...get a good partner mate, I know...I know...people I have talked to also think they know it all but some guys have gripped the HST idea, I know it is good stuff!

Anyway time to go back to work...mooi bly (he, he, he) my spelling is not the best
laugh.gif

Power Rack $299
Optional Lat attachment with low pulley $239
Flat, incline, decline bench with leg extension and preacher curl attachments $477
And I got the cable cross over on Ebay for $150 plus $50 S&H ($200) .
If you got it new it would be $500
There was no shipping charge for any of the Body Solid equipment from the Fitness Factory.
And what I really like about it, it has a lifetime grantee.
I broke the seat pin on my bench and they shipped me one the very next day.
I already had 600lb’+ - of plates and assorted bars I had accumulated over the years along with the weight racks.
Not all the equipment is showed in the pic.
I also have the leg press/hack machine $1000.
All I want next is the seated row machine $350. I hate to do standing rows.
I got this equipment by selling my silly Bowflex XLT and a bunch of other near useless equipment I had purchased thru the years. .
So! Let me add this all up …………
Total=$2215

Thanks
Sonny

I like the cage, unfortunately here in south africa, I could not get a proper cage, what I got is called a cage but does not do the same job. It was cheap I must say, (R 2500.00 = +/- 385 U$D) but it is not quite the same.

Your equipment came to just over 1000 U$D which is not bad.

I make do with mine, but certainly lacks some of the stuff you got, I particularly like the cable cross over, doubt whether one could get away with shipping chrgaes this far though!

See below the power cage by Trojan (some chinese manufacturer - rather underground as I struggled a bit to get a replacement cable initially), I have about 300 odd kilos of weights so yep I make do.

I think you have a fine piece of equipment.
It appears you can do nearly anything you want with it.
The main thing is that you use it regularly.

See Ya
Sonny

Sonny

Thanks for entertaining this conversation.

It is not bad, yep. :D And yes I most definitely use it regularly, as per HST 3 x p/week with a whole lot of different loads, had one or two cables that needed replacement, otherwise pretty fine.

Only thing I don't like about it is the fact that one cannot use it to do bench without a partner as the weight stopper (if you can call them that, are just wide enough to keep the bar, the cage should have been made a little narrower, not that it can't be fixed but it will take some work and work usually = $$$.

So I make do, at least now I have a prtner so all's good!

I forgot to add a nice piece of equipment.

Dave Drapper's dungeon, not bad considering that it comes with weights and all (U$D 7000.00)

Back