Dangerous Exercises

Tom Treutlein

What are some exercises that can have an adverse affect on the longevity of one's joints or rotator cuffs, even assuming the form is good?

I've heard complaints pertaining to:

Upright Rows
Flat Bench Press
Overhand Rowing Moves
Good Mornings

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Treutlein @ Jan. 08 2005,7:31)]What are some exercises that can have an adverse affect on the longevity of one's joints or rotator cuffs, even assuming the form is good?
I've heard complaints pertaining to:
Upright Rows
Flat Bench Press
Overhand Rowing Moves
Good Mornings
I don't do Upright rows or Flat bench, both cause me shoulder pain.

Dan, do you use dumbbells for incline? I've noticed that usually when my shoulders start bugging me, it's from flat bench (where I use the bar), not inclines where I use dumbbells.

Both, I load the DB's until I get to the heavier loads then I use the BB, I probably should go the inverse but hey I'm old and foolish.
laugh.gif
Inclines don't bother me that's why I use incline and alternate with dips instead of Flatbench.

Stabilization, once I get to heavier weight I have a hard time stabilizing both DB's at the same time, ok call me retarded, and one usually ends up lowering faster, swaying, not staying in the movement range and so on. So to try and avoid injury, which I posted once how I dropped one on my testicles :confused: , I fiqured it safer to switch.

Well I never let go of it, just one time when I was on the concentric my left arm swayed and I was unable to hold it in place so it came down, just in the wrong spot.
butbut.gif

"So to try and avoid injury, which I posted once how I dropped one on my testicles , I fiqured it safer to switch."

I wasn't talking about not dropping your weights, Dan.
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

Time for another cup of java.
dozingoff.gif

I think that every person has his/hers own movements that cannot be done without long term injuries. Just do those exercises which feels the best for your structure.

whoa! I just invented the wheel again
laugh.gif
blush.gif

Back