Question for those who do 6x / week

jww13

To those of you who work each muscle 6x a week, how many sets per muscle do you do each day?

I recently started a 6x / week routine and have been doing only 1 set per muscle. It doesn't really seem like enough, but hopefully once it gets heavier it will.

Let me know your experiences. Thanks

I've done 5xweek because it's nice to have the whole weekend off of lifting. I did 1 set per exercise, and at the time was emphasizing chest and arms and was doing 2 sets for those. During heavy weights, that was definately pushing it for chest and arms. But they grew faster as planned. =)

I'm currently doing 5x week and do two sets for all movements during my 10's and will try to do 3 sets for all movements during my 5's except for bi's and tri's which I will only do 1 or 2 sets depending on fatigue at the end of my workout. When I hit the heavier weight for my deadlifts I only do 1 set of those but otherwise two for everyting else.

Currently, this is what I'm doing:

2 sets for chest
3 sets for back
1 set for everything else

I'm adding in another set for shoulders once I get to the 5s.

for me it depends which section im in, 15s 10s 5s. If I'm in the 15s definately only 1 set. 10s 1 set for ON days and then just a burn set on the "off" days. For 5s i try to push in 2 sets on ON days and then 1 set + burn set on off days. This is basically 5x a week, doesn't feel too bad either. But that's just me.

pzhang

I agree with the others - only 1 set for the 15s. I skipped the 15s this time, which is why I'm doing more.

With 6 workouts per week, I would suggest 2 exercises of 1 set each for the large muscles using compound exercises but 1 set for the smaller muscles such as Bis and Tris. If you choose to do 1 exercise for 1 set for the large muscles, then I would add drop sets to the second week of the 10's and 5's having already reached my RM at the end of the first week. I would shoot for 15 to 20 reps over 2 to 3 drops.

I do also a 6 day workout per week. 1 set for the 15ths is more than enought for me. In the 10th 1-2 sets and with the 5th I do dropsets. Somethimes 2 dropsets of each

Maybe i should do also 1 sets, who knows i will grow again ;)

Back