Farting...smell getting worse!

AlexCA

Hi, yet another question from me....for the last 4 weeks w/ the beginning of my first HST cycle I've really been upping my protein intake for the first time since a year or two ago, and the major farting problems are coming back. I had the same thing a while ago when I was eating tons of protein, but now it's getting kind of annoying because sometimes it smells!! I mean, usually the person farting can appreciate his own farts, but these are offending even me and I don't even have a good sense of smell!
blush.gif
crazy.gif
I take creatine and Udo's Choice fat supplement too, btw, but I don't know if this matters.

If anyone can clue me in on how to lessen the farting, or at the very least, get rid of the worse smell which has been starting lately, I'd appreciate it. Perhaps something to do with milk intake or percentage fat? (thing is, I was already drinking lots of milk before I restarted lifting again but not with so much whey and other protein).....thanks again! And sorry if questions like these and the one i posted in the general training forum about excessive sex limiting testosterone production and anabolic activity seem a little bit silly
tounge.gif
, but they're totally serious inquiries :)

1) Use smaller amounts of protein per meal, if you are taking 40gr x 5 try 20gr x 10
2) Try different protein powder, make sure the one you have is lactose - free
3) Try some probiotics

Stand outdoors in the wind when you let one go
laugh.gif
. Although I swear Ive done this and still smelt it!! 300g protein/day stinks no two ways about it!!

I am not sure this will help with the gass --but I find a high fiber cereal helps keep things in order when I am taking alot of protein. Once I took the wrong Creatine and that can make things "explosive" Have you tryied the HSN Creatine.

are you down wind from me?

bob

thanks for the help, guys!

first of all, micmic, what are probiotics?

secondly, i use prolab chocolate powder, i'll have to check later if it's lactose-free

And Bob, I'm actually starting to eat more All-Bran cereal these days, so that should help with my health in general I think. But about the creatine, I'm totally open to buying some of the HSN creatine (it's a helluva lot cheaper than buying the 2 HSN wheys, which I'd like to, but I live in Canada so shipping is expensive). However, I just bought some creatine today so I'd rather wait on this. When you say the "wrong" type of creatine, do you mean not cut finely enough? I bought some at a health food store made by Interactive Nutrition, and according to them, it's "certified" with some fine cut creatinine standard or something like that.....but this still might be bad?

Probiotics are live harmless bacteria (it's alive! it's alive! ) in a capsule. When you take them they compete with gas-producing bacteria in your GI for the same resources, the bad bacteria are outnumbered and many of them die.

I had the same "smelly" problem and I almost totally solved it simply by adding alot(I mean a big full bowl) of veggies after every potein meal plus 3-4 fruit servings and also replacing almost every cereal source with a whole kernel one (expecially bread).
maybe u can try..

To solve my high protein problems (beside the fact that I usually eat to quickly) I often times add in digestive enzymes. They were really popular in the "Golden Years" of bodybuilding. The one that I have found to work the best for myself is Source Naturals "Daily Essential Enzymes." It is a broad spectrum enzyme supplement.

Back