Dairy

Bob Evans

I know this topic must have been addressed before, But what is the current wisdom regarding Dairy? I drink a glass or two of skim milk a day. And I eat a "protein soup" of fat free cottage cheese, fat free yougert, and protien powder about once a day. It is an easy way to protein load, I am at about 12% Body Fat... want to lean out a bit.... some say dairy is a no-no. I do get tired of eating chicken breast though.

Thanks in advance...............Bob ;)

It seems like dairy is a new fad that is trying to be pushed by the "dieters"

caloric balance is the key

and efa's are too.. that might be the importance of this topic

Dairy calcium is supposed to be beneficial for helping you to lose weight.

Also, if you're asking this question because you heard that old school bodybuilders would avoid dairy (more specifically, milk) when cutting, I once read a simple but very logical explanation for this, probably from Lyle. It basically said that when bulking, old school bodybuilders would drink a gallon or more of milk each day. That's a lot of calories--1440 or so for a gallon of skim milk, obviously more for 1%, 2%, or whole milk. When cutting, they would stop drinking milk, thereby lowering their daily caloric intake by 1440+ calories. And that's exactly what cutting is all about: eating fewer calories.

My opinion? You said you're currently at 12% body fat. That's relatively lean. You seem to be doing fine as it is. Why fix what isn't broken? And if you're looking to get leaner, just start eating less.

Back