creatine supplement question

slateef

wondering if anyone knows if taking creatine supplement will cause a "positive" or "abnormal" result on a blood test for creatine kinase (or CK, or CPK).

any medical people here?

No it doesn`t

You get more affected results by eating a sturdy meal with meat just before the test.

Creatine kinase (Ck) is an enzyme that catalyzes reaction between creatinephospate and ADP (adenosinediphospate) thus resulting creatine and ATP (adenosinetriphospate)

Therefore the only way creatine could affect the level of CK is through negative feedback but this is not the case. And even then it would lower the result thus resulting "negative" whatever you mean by that "positive" result
dozingoff.gif

And what comes to CPK its creatine phospokinase and it will donate the phophate molecule to ADP---> ATP ---> energy

Creatine supplementation combined with resistance training can result in increased levels of muscle creatine kinase mRNA, but i cant find anything that shows levels in blood. After intake, and uptake within the cell, CK phosphorylates the creatine into phosphocreatine. So larger intake within the cell would increase the requirements for CK, so larger levels would be required. I cant say I have seen research that shows higher levels of plasma CK after supplemetation.

Resistance training will raise CK levels

Back