Your Supplementation

Bishop

I was just curious what is everyone doing as far as supplementation scheduling is concerned.

I'll start...

I am taking BSN NO-Xplode and Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Gold Standard.

You?

I use ON's 100% Whey in my morning shake, which consists of that, oats, cottage cheese, a serving of flax meal and skim or 1% milk. Beyond that I'm taking a multi with my first whole food meal of every day, CEE around workout time, occasiona sleep aid usage. Testing a new one from USP Labs too, will give feedback here if anyone's interested.

I take the basics: multivitamin, fish oil, sometimes creatine (I'll try to be more consistent with it next cycle).

Whey is not a supplement, it is food.

<div>
(abarlament @ Mar. 18 2006,21:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Whey is not a supplement, it is food.</div>
By George...you're right
tounge.gif

get rid of noxplode. it is berry flavored caffeine that can give you high bp and heart problems. (try a search for &quot;no xplode heart attack&quot;)

stick to a good diet and some creatine.

I take a high strength multivitamin, multimineral and fish oil and buy a nut and seeds mix which is high in omega 6 (its a food but I take it primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs) and creatine and whey

Vitamin C, B6, B12
Folic Acid
Protein Shakes
Creatine Monohydrate
Udo's Fish Oil Blend

The last two, I start up tomorrow..

<div>
(abarlament @ Mar. 18 2006,21:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Whey is not a supplement, it is food.</div>
In the context I use it in, I would consider it a supplement. Technically almost all supplements are just concentrated food products. You won't find multivitamins or bags of ON 100% whey growing on trees though. I always consider a shake a diet supplement, with the whole food I eat being the actual diet.

It doesn't really matter, at all really. But most people do the same thing with powder as they do with food (eat/drink it to get protein and calories). You could say fish oil is the same deal, because it's a fat, but whatever.

I take a multi-vit, fish &amp; flax oil and extra Vit C plus whey protein - which I do consider to be a supplement as I wouldn't bother with it if I wasn't training and I don't class it as normal food cos I wouldn't normally choose to eat stuff that tastes like gone off paint!  
biggrin.gif

IMHO, whey powder tastes fine when mixed with a banana and some milk as a post-w/o drink but for a pre-w/o drink, just mixed with water and with some dextrose added, it tastes like
vomit.gif
yes.gif

I guess honey would be okay in place of dextrose? Please say yes! It's still mainly simple sugar, right? If not, what can I use instead?

By the way, I am off of NO Xplode after researching about the product. I don't want to take any chances.
wow.gif

I have been taking Muscletech's LEUKIC for about two-three weeks now...I don't know if this is helping out with gains or not.  Research and comments to follow possibly after I finish the bottle.

EDIT: I will give a mini-review here on what I have experienced thus far. I have only been taking ON 100% Whey Gold Standard, Designer Pro, GNC Mega Men Sport Vitamins, and LEUKIC.

Leukic requires that you take 6 pills on non-training days upon waking and 6 pills before working out. Thus far, my lifts have been good. This may be due to caloric increase or the Leukic.

The research continues...

Cytogainer or Muscle milk by cytosport (cycle the 2 for no apparant reason though) and Creatine Monohydrate

<div>
(jwbond @ Mar. 20 2006,04:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">get rid of noxplode. it is berry flavored caffeine that can give you high bp and heart problems. (try a search for &quot;no xplode heart attack&quot;)

stick to a good diet and some creatine.</div>
rock.gif
with all of the stuff that is in Xplode, your worried about something as mild as caffeine...

Back