Wouldn't it be cool?

• Thread starter imported_edgeArchitect
  • Start date
I

imported_edgeArchitect

which would scan your food for Protein/Carb/Fat content Plus all the vitamin & mineral values.

Ehhhhh... who's gonna invent something like that? and when?

There is something like that but I think it's only for lab use - called Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter...
And I think it burns food to find out the caloric value... which is not what we want, right?

that's not the same thing...
cause i eat lots of european sausages & meats that don't
have any nutritional content written on them.
in those sausages there's buckwheat, fat, meat (pork&beef).
so it's really hard to determine what the hell i'm eating. of cource for bulking it's fine..
so i need a more scientific instrument for my kitchen. hehe :)

Yeah, such a device would be awesome. Would be extremely useful. Too bad it ain't possible right now.

I've thought the same thing. Some sort of augmentation that analyzes all food as your body digests it, or as it comes into the stomach and tells you how much you've eaten, the macronutrients, etc etc.

Give it a couple decades. With implantable computers coming and stuff like that, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Too many nutritionists and health experts would loose their jobs... so maybe well never see that kind of device..

Finally! A room-sized calorimeter!
biggrin.gif

http://www.ba.ars.usda.gov/history/photos/1980_5.html

Actually, what we need is a computer program for BB'ers that would give us a menu schedule. You look at the schedule, and if you see a food you don't like or a meal you don't want, delete it and the program would replace it with another until your week's meals were all planned as per your goals. It would automatically calculate your bw, fat %, bulk or cut, and remember your deletions so as not to reapply them in future menus. Oh, and you'd have to tell it your body type, ecto, meso, or endomorph. Then perhaps a savvy programmer could also make it adjustable in other ways, such as if you were gaining too fast, it would cut a percentage of the cals down.
Cool, huh? NO MORE MEASURING!!! (not that I do that anyway...)

NEW! IMPROVED! THE HST MENUMASTER!!! (as seen on TV)

<div>
(NeeBone @ Dec. 06 2005,09:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your body can already do that. Its just that I'm not very good at talking to enzymes. They tend to ignore me. Must be my personality.</div>
laugh.gif
Yeah, neebone, but I am pretty good at talking to my stomach...during bulking I make it stretch and sigh in satisfaction, during cutting I know success when it growls in anger at me!!!
laugh.gif

Edge

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i eat lots of european sausages &amp; meats that don't
have any nutritional content written on them.
in those sausages there's buckwheat, fat, meat (pork&amp;beef).
</div>

I know being european what you are talking about. Although they are delicious (think of [boerewors = farmers sausage] in here South Africa) they are a big no-no because of their fat content, so my suggestion is to minimize to an absolute minimum, unless of course your highly ectomorphic and are not worried about it!
biggrin.gif

quadancer.. I think www.nutritiondata.com has something similar..

Fausto, I'm ukrainian.. back when i was there we ate fat with a spoon. )))
still sometimes can't resist. weird... I know.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(edgeArchitect @ Sep. 05 2006,15:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">quadancer.. I think www.nutritiondata.com has something similar..

biggrin.gif
</div>
It's not exactly what I was proposing for BB'ers especially, but, WOW; that is the best one I've seen so far! I REALLY like the way you can click on &quot;better choices&quot; than what you're looking at on a certain restaurant or food, and pick for weight loss or gain, then it RATES the different foods it gives you!

Very Cool! Two thumbs up.
cool.gif

OK, maybe I watched a little too much Star Trek, but a food replicator would be perfect. Tell it, &quot;I want a cheeseburger, fries and a milk shake that is 600 calories, 20% fat -- make that EFA's by the way, 30% protein, and 50% carbs&quot; -- or what ever ratios you desire.

<div>
(quadancer @ Sep. 05 2006,17:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(edgeArchitect @ Sep. 05 2006,15:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">quadancer.. I think www.nutritiondata.com has something similar..

biggrin.gif
</div>
It's not exactly what I was proposing for BB'ers especially, but, WOW; that is the best one I've seen so far! I REALLY like the way you can click on &quot;better choices&quot; than what you're looking at on a certain restaurant or food, and pick for weight loss or gain, then it RATES the different foods it gives you!

Very Cool! Two thumbs up.  
cool.gif
</div>
The bottom of each screen contains a unit converter too. I always find that useful.

Back