Weight Belt w/chain

SweetDaddyPatty

I'm sure you are all familiar with these, it looks like a weight belt but instead of a buckle there is a length of chain on which to hang plates to add weight to chins, dips etc. I used to see them all the time but never had any use for them, but now that I have gotten stronger the gym I'm at doesn't have one. I just wonder where I can purchase one, and what is the technical name for these belts so I can search online?

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Sep. 04 2006,13:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm sure you are all familiar with these, it looks like a weight belt but instead of a buckle there is a length of chain on which to hang plates to add weight to chins, dips etc.  I used to see them all the time but never had any use for them, but now that I have gotten stronger the gym I'm at doesn't have one.  I just wonder where I can purchase one, and what is the technical name for these belts so I can search online?</div>
If you already have a regular weight belt, you can get a dipping strap instead of a dipping belt. The strap includes a chain for weights and attaches onto the front of the belt

I've used a regular old leather lifting belt and a heavy chain for years. Just hook the belt on the last hole and run the chain through and use a carbiner on one end of the chain. Of course, a dipping belt also works. :D

Back